Обсуждение: pgbench - very minor bug fix on hash() missing argument

pgbench - very minor bug fix on hash() missing argument

От
Fabien COELHO
Дата:
While doing something else, I noticed that pgbench's hash() does not fail
gracefully:

  sh> cat hash.sql
  \set i hash()

  sh> pgbench -f hash.sql -t 1
  cannot coerce (null) to int
  client 0 aborted in command 0 (set) of script 0; evaluation of meta-command failed

The message is not very helful. With the attached one-line patch plus
test, it is clearer:

  sh> pgbench -f hash.sql -t 1
  hash.sql:1: unexpected number of arguments (hash) in command "set"
  \set i hash()
              ^ error found here

Could be backpatched to 11 where hash was introduced.

--
Fabien.
Вложения

Re: pgbench - very minor bug fix on hash() missing argument

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 11:16:06PM -0400, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> Could be backpatched to 11 where hash was introduced.

Thanks, committed and back-patched.  I have added some tests for least()
and greatest() on the way.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pgbench - very minor bug fix on hash() missing argument

От
Fabien COELHO
Дата:
Hello Michaël,

> Thanks, committed and back-patched.

Ok.

> I have added some tests for least() and greatest() on the way.

Good!

Fabien.