Обсуждение: PGAdmin IV in Firefox

PGAdmin IV in Firefox

От
Durumdara
Дата:
Hello!

The old PGAdmins run in normal executable.
The last version is visible in my browser (Firefox).

Is there a way to restore it as normal exe?

Sometimes it have side effects.
1.) I didn't see it separated, I need to find in FF tabs.
2.) Many right clicks are handled by FF.
3.) The closing of the tab gives me confirmation dialog, but after it didn't ask for save query SQL content.

Thank you for the answer.

dd

Re: PGAdmin IV in Firefox

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi,

The old PGAdmins run in normal executable.
The last version is visible in my browser (Firefox).

Is there a way to restore it as normal exe?
​No, with version3.0 onwards pgAdmin4 will be using deafult browser from user system in order to execute.​

Sometimes it have side effects.
1.) I didn't see it separated, I need to find in FF tabs.
​You can detach the browser tab.​

2.) Many right clicks are handled by FF.
​Can you provide some more details on this?​

3.) The closing of the tab gives me confirmation dialog, but after it didn't ask for save query SQL content.
​You mean when you close the browser itself?​

Thank you for the answer.

dd

Re: PGAdmin IV in Firefox

От
Jan Claeys
Дата:
On Tue, 2018-05-08 at 16:10 +0530, Murtuza Zabuawala wrote:
> > 2.) Many right clicks are handled by FF.
>
> Can you provide some more details on this?

Maybe this:

There is an option 'dom.event.contextmenu.enabled' which provides a
protection against websites that try to break your browser's normal
right click behaviour (which is showing the browser's context menu).

Obviously that interferes with what you would expect in something like
pgAdmin 4, and there are probably several other browser options &
browser extensions which might interfere with pgAdmin's intended
behaviour in similar ways.

I'm not so sure using a random _web_ browser is the best solution for
something like pgAdmin...

--
Jan Claeys

Re: PGAdmin IV in Firefox

От
Durumdara
Дата:
Hi!

2.) Many right clicks are handled by FF.
​Can you provide some more details on this?​

As Jan wrote it. I clicked somewhere, for example Query Tool's grid, right click on it, and then the browser's local menu appears.

3.) The closing of the tab gives me confirmation dialog, but after it didn't ask for save query SQL content.
​You mean when you close the browser itself?​

Not the whole browser, only the tab. The browser asks for closing, I say yes, but then the PA4 don't ask me about opened Query tool windows (to save them or not).

Thanks
   dd