Обсуждение: [pgAdmin4][Patch][Feature #1998] Appends .sql if extension not givenwhen using 'save' or 'save as' feature

When using save or save as feature if .sql is not provided this Patch appends it.
as clearly mentioned in this link.

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1998

I have ran pep8,regression and Jasmine tests too.

I have primarily changed these files
     web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/__init__.py
     web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/static/js/sqleditor.js
     web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/utils/save_query_to_file.py

Regards,
Rahul Soshte (Hunter)

Вложения

Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch][Feature #1998] Appends .sql if extension notgiven when using 'save' or 'save as' feature

От
Joao De Almeida Pereira
Дата:
Hi Rahul,
I see you extracted some code, that is a pretty good move :D

We run the patch through the testing pipeline and everything is green GJ :D
Also tested the functionality by hand and looks like it is working except for "add the .sql extension when format is set to SQL." if you set it to All Files  the extension is also added. Not sure if this is a big deal or not. Lets see what other people think.

Codewise here are some of my comments:
. You added the yarn-error.log file and a migration to the patch doesn't look intentional. Can you please remove them?
. Also in the patch there are 2 file (moc_LogWindow.cpp and ui_LogWindow.h) that look like they do not belong to the patch (Did you rebase your branch before trying to create the patch?

The test file: test_save_query_to_file.py is empty, it is missing some tests there.

As a convention we user lower case names for functions and UpperCase for class

Please, regenerate the patch following my previous comments.

Thanks
Joao

When using save or save as feature if .sql is not provided this Patch appends it.
as clearly mentioned in this link.

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1998

I have ran pep8,regression and Jasmine tests too.

I have primarily changed these files
     web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/__init__.py
     web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/static/js/sqleditor.js
     web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/utils/save_query_to_file.py

Regards,
Rahul Soshte (Hunter)

I see you extracted some code, that is a pretty good move :D

We run the patch through the testing pipeline and everything is green GJ :D
Also tested the functionality by hand and looks like it is working except for "add the .sql extension when format is set to SQL." if you set it to All Files  the extension is also added. Not sure if this is a big deal or not. Lets see what other people think.
​Yes, I also think it should append .sql only if the sql extension is selected and user has not provided extension.​

​Let say If I want to save the file with .txt extension then I can use All Files. ​