Обсуждение: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

От
Alexander Cohen
Дата:
Has anyone compiled libpq with anything else than MinGW? I need to be
able to use libpq in an app im compiling from CodeWarrior and a lib
compiled with MinGW is not compatible with CW. Any ideas?

thanks!

Alex

Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

Дата:
Alexander Cohen wrote:
> Has anyone compiled libpq with anything else than MinGW? I need to be
> able to use libpq in an app im compiling from CodeWarrior and a lib
> compiled with MinGW is not compatible with CW. Any ideas?

Sure.  7.4 and earlier have *.mak files for Visual C and Borland C++.  I
assume CodeWarrior can use one of those.

Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

От
"Dave Page"

You can get a copy compiled in MS VC++ from
http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/postgresql/

Regards, Dave.

Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
> Alexander Cohen wrote:
> > Has anyone compiled libpq with anything else than MinGW? I need to
be
> > able to use libpq in an app im compiling from CodeWarrior and a lib
> > compiled with MinGW is not compatible with CW. Any ideas?
> >

> Sure.  7.4 and earlier have *.mak files for Visual C and Borland C++.
> assume CodeWarrior can use one of those.

Yep, and I still use the Microsoft compiled version of psql (along with
its libpq) because it seems deals with the console window better than
the mingw version.  Another reason to do this is to static link a MSVC
based app to the libpq dll.

Just watch out for various versions of libpq.dll floating around, this
can quickly turn into a mess (resist all temptations to put in
c:\windows).

Merlin

Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

От
Alexander Cohen
Дата:
>> Alexander Cohen wrote:
>>> Has anyone compiled libpq with anything else than MinGW? I need to
> be
>>> able to use libpq in an app im compiling from CodeWarrior and a lib
>>> compiled with MinGW is not compatible with CW. Any ideas?
>>>

>> Sure.  7.4 and earlier have *.mak files for Visual C and Borland C++.
>> assume CodeWarrior can use one of those.
>
> Yep, and I still use the Microsoft compiled version of psql (along with
> its libpq) because it seems deals with the console window better than
> the mingw version.  Another reason to do this is to static link a MSVC
> based app to the libpq dll.
>
> Just watch out for various versions of libpq.dll floating around, this
> can quickly turn into a mess (resist all temptations to put in
> c:\windows).

Tried compiling with the libpq downloaded from
<http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/postgresql/>. It works much
better than it did before but now im getting lots and lots of undefined
symbols. What libraries does libpq.lib need to link against to compile?

thanks!

Alex

Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Alexander Cohen wrote:

> Tried compiling with the libpq downloaded from
> <http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/postgresql/>. It works much
> better than it did before but now im getting lots and lots of undefined
> symbols. What libraries does libpq.lib need to link against to compile?

Hm it would be helpful if you named some of the symbols, so I have to
guess. Might be the openssl libs, we're linking against openssl0.9.7 in
pgadmin3.

Regards,
Andreas