Обсуждение: [pgsql-www] Getting anchors from doc pages?

[pgsql-www] Getting anchors from doc pages?

От
Christophe Pettus
Дата:
OK, I am sure I am missing something obvious, but is there a way of getting a link that includes one of the subsection
anchors,short of showing the HTML source and copying the #anchor out?

--
-- Christophe Pettus  xof@thebuild.com

Re: [pgsql-www] Getting anchors from doc pages?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 9/5/17 19:21, Christophe Pettus wrote:
> OK, I am sure I am missing something obvious, but is there a way of getting a link that includes one of the
subsectionanchors, short of showing the HTML source and copying the #anchor out?

If you didn't get there via a table of contents entry, then probably not.

I have seen some documents here and there that automatically create
little links to fragments that you can copy out.  I suspect that it's
some JavaScript overlay, not sure.  I agree it would be useful.  If
anyone has any idea, we can probably make this happen.

Re: [pgsql-www] Getting anchors from doc pages?

От
Christophe Pettus
Дата:
> On Sep 5, 2017, at 18:21, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> If anyone has any idea, we can probably make this happen.

This may not be practical, but could the section ("7.2.4 Etc") be a link to the anchor itself?

--
-- Christophe Pettus  xof@thebuild.com

Re: [pgsql-www] Getting anchors from doc pages?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Christophe Pettus wrote:

> > On Sep 5, 2017, at 18:21, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > If anyone has any idea, we can probably make this happen.
>
> This may not be practical, but could the section ("7.2.4 Etc") be a
> link to the anchor itself?

+1 for this (or something like it)