Обсуждение: Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] git.postgresql.org (and other services) down

Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] git.postgresql.org (and other services) down

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 08/05/2017 08:36 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> One of the datacenters that provides two pg.org VM hosts has become
> inaccessible. Services that may be affected are:
>
> git.postgresql.org
> search.postgresql.org
> Mailinglist archives backend
> PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada
> Download stats analytics database server
> ftpmaster.postgresql.org
> ns1.postgresql.org
> website backend server
> docbot.postgresql.org
>
> Some of these services have redundant servers, but some, notably
> git.postgresql.org do not.
>
> I have contacted the provider and will keep the list posted with any
> significant status updates.

Update:

We have not heard back from the provider yet, but access seem to have
been restored and relatively stable at the moment, although there is
still some packet loss.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] git.postgresql.org (and other services) down

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 05 Aug 2017, at 21:10, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>
> On 08/05/2017 08:36 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
>> One of the datacenters that provides two pg.org VM hosts has become
>> inaccessible. Services that may be affected are:
>>
>> git.postgresql.org
>> search.postgresql.org
>> Mailinglist archives backend
>> PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada
>> Download stats analytics database server
>> ftpmaster.postgresql.org
>> ns1.postgresql.org
>> website backend server
>> docbot.postgresql.org
>>
>> Some of these services have redundant servers, but some, notably
>> git.postgresql.org do not.
>>
>> I have contacted the provider and will keep the list posted with any
>> significant status updates.
>
> Update:
>
> We have not heard back from the provider yet, but access seem to have
> been restored and relatively stable at the moment, although there is
> still some packet loss.

There seems to be issues with community accounts, the /account/ page is
returning 503 for me.
https://www.postgresql.org/account/

cheers ./daniel

Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] git.postgresql.org (and other services) down

Дата:
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 05 Aug 2017, at 21:10, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> Update:
>> We have not heard back from the provider yet, but access seem to have
>> been restored and relatively stable at the moment, although there is
>> still some packet loss.

> There seems to be issues with community accounts, the /account/ page is
> returning 503 for me.
>     https://www.postgresql.org/account/

I'm getting "no route to host" for git.postgresql.org, from two different
ISPs.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] git.postgresql.org (and other services)down

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 08/05/2017 12:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>>> On 05 Aug 2017, at 21:10, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>>> Update:
>>> We have not heard back from the provider yet, but access seem to have
>>> been restored and relatively stable at the moment, although there is
>>> still some packet loss.
>
>> There seems to be issues with community accounts, the /account/ page is
>> returning 503 for me.
>>     https://www.postgresql.org/account/
>
> I'm getting "no route to host" for git.postgresql.org, from two different
> ISPs.

Yeah, it seems to have taken a turn for the worst again.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] git.postgresql.org (and other services)down

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 08/05/2017 12:36 PM, Joe Conway wrote:

>>> There seems to be issues with community accounts, the /account/ page is
>>> returning 503 for me.
>>>     https://www.postgresql.org/account/
>>
>> I'm getting "no route to host" for git.postgresql.org, from two different
>> ISPs.
>

> Yeah, it seems to have taken a turn for the worst again.

I hesitate to say the incident is entirely over, but for about the last
90 minutes, access has been restored again and packet loss low.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com