Обсуждение: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

[ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От
"Joe CT NG"

I failed to install psqlodbc on AIX 7.1 (64-bit) since it requires libpq > 9.2 version.

I checked there is libpq in my AIX but I have no idea what the version is and how to upgrade it.

Indeed I need the odbc driver to connect from Oracle -> Oracle Gateway -> unixODBC -> PostgreSQL.

However the driver in unixODBC is too old and so I would like to try psqlodbc.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks,

Joe

This message and any attachment are confidential and it may be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use them without authority. Please follow the link for further information:
http://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/emailnote.html

"Consider the environment - think before printing!"

Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 06/29/2017 09:07 AM, Joe CT NG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I failed to install psqlodbc on AIX 7.1 (64-bit) since it requires libpq
>  > 9.2 version.
>
> I checked there is libpq in my AIX but I have no idea what the version
> is and how to upgrade it.

How did libpq get on your system?

> Indeed I need the odbc driver to connect from Oracle -> Oracle Gateway
> -> unixODBC -> PostgreSQL.

Where is the Postgres instance located, on the same machine or somewhare
else?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От
"Joe CT NG"
Дата:
Hi Adrian,

> How did libpq get on your system?
I just find it at /opt/freeware/lib/ and /opt/freeware/lib64/

> Where is the Postgres instance located, on the same machine or somewhare else?
I have Oracle and Gateway on AIX and going to install psqlodbc on it.
Postgres is on a Linux machine.

Thanks,
Joe

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

"Consider the environment - think before printing!"

________________________________

This message and any attachment are confidential and it may be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use them
withoutauthority. Please follow the link for further information:
http://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/emailnote.html

"Consider the environment - think before printing!"

Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 06/29/2017 06:46 PM, Joe CT NG wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
>> How did libpq get on your system?
> I just find it at /opt/freeware/lib/ and /opt/freeware/lib64/

Try:

rpm -qf libpq

to see if that returns anything useful.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От
"Joe CT NG"
> Try:

> rpm -qf libpq

> to see if that returns anything useful.

# rpm -qf libpq

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

"Consider the environment - think before printing!"

________________________________

This message and any attachment are confidential and it may be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use them
withoutauthority. Please follow the link for further information:

http://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/emailnote.html

"Consider the environment - think before printing!"

Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/02/2017 06:08 PM, Joe CT NG wrote:
>> Try:
>
>> rpm -qf libpq
>
>> to see if that returns anything useful.
>
> # rpm -qf libpq
> file libpq: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Try with full path:

rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq

Though I have a suspicion that will not show anything either.

Do you administer the machine or does someone else?

If someone else you might try asking them how libpq got on it?

Дата:
On 07/02/2017 06:08 PM, Joe CT NG wrote:
>> Try:
>
>> rpm -qf libpq
>
>> to see if that returns anything useful.
>
> # rpm -qf libpq
> file libpq: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Actually should probably be:

rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: [ODBC] Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

От
"Joe CT NG"
Дата:
> Actually should probably be:

> rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so

# rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so
file /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

# find / -name libpq.*so*
/opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so.5
/opt/freeware/lib64/libpq.so.5

# rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so.5
postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1

# rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib64/libpq.so.5
postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1

The Administrator has no idea.
From the result above, it looks like libpq was installed by an old version of postgresql.
As I know, my colleague tried to install the latest version of postgresql and got the same error as me. Then she tried
toinstall an older version that should be 9.2.9.

I wonder libpq should be a prerequisite or a component of the installation package...

On 07/02/2017 06:08 PM, Joe CT NG wrote:
>> Try:
>
>> rpm -qf libpq
>
>> to see if that returns anything useful.
>
> # rpm -qf libpq
> file libpq: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Try with full path:

rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq

Though I have a suspicion that will not show anything either.

Do you administer the machine or does someone else?

If someone else you might try asking them how libpq got on it?

Дата:
On 07/03/2017 06:54 PM, Joe CT NG wrote:
>> Actually should probably be:
>
>> rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so
>
> # rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so
> file /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>
> # find / -name libpq.*so*
> /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so.5
> /opt/freeware/lib64/libpq.so.5
>
> # rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib/libpq.so.5
> postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1
>
> # rpm -qf /opt/freeware/lib64/libpq.so.5
> postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1

So the RPM postgresql-libs-9.2.9-1 was installed at some point in the
past. This is just the client libraries for Postgres. I am not familiar
with AIX, but I have to believe the package is similar to:

https://centos.pkgs.org/7/centos-x86_64/postgresql-libs-9.2.18-1.el7.x86_64.rpm.html

> The Administrator has no idea. >  From the result above, it looks like libpq was installed by an old
version of postgresql.
> As I know, my colleague tried to install the latest version of postgresql and got the same error as me. Then she
triedto install an older version that should be 9.2.9.

What version of Postgres and what package(s) did she install?

Or if not packages how did she install it?

What was the exact error?

What does find for libpq return now?

Also what version of psqlodbc are you trying to install?

How are you installing psqlodbc?

A suspicion I am working on is that even if newer versions of libpq
where installed, PATH issues my be preventing psqlodbc from finding them.

> I wonder libpq should be a prerequisite or a component of the installation package...

Of which installation package?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com