Обсуждение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry members enrname andenrtup

[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry members enrname andenrtup

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry members enrname and enrtuples.

Commit 18ce3a4ab22d2984f8540ab480979c851dae5338 failed to update
the comments in parsenodes.h for the new members, and made only
incomplete updates to src/backend/nodes

Thomas Munro, per a report from Noah Misch.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/20170611062525.GA1628882@rfd.leadboat.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f32d57fd7088a558dadbe21b9859b09d2f877c19

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/nodes/copyfuncs.c  |  3 ++-
src/backend/nodes/equalfuncs.c |  2 ++
src/backend/nodes/outfuncs.c   |  1 +
src/backend/nodes/readfuncs.c  |  1 +
src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h | 14 +++++++++++++-

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry members enrname and enrtup

Дата:
Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
> Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry members enrname and enrtuples.
> Commit 18ce3a4ab22d2984f8540ab480979c851dae5338 failed to update
> the comments in parsenodes.h for the new members, and made only
> incomplete updates to src/backend/nodes

This really should have involved a catversion bump.  But we just
had one earlier today, so in practice it might not matter.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry membersenrname and enrtup

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry members enrname and enrtuples.
>> Commit 18ce3a4ab22d2984f8540ab480979c851dae5338 failed to update
>> the comments in parsenodes.h for the new members, and made only
>> incomplete updates to src/backend/nodes
>
> This really should have involved a catversion bump.  But we just
> had one earlier today, so in practice it might not matter.

Oh, because of stored rules using the old RangeTblEntry serialization
format?  Sorry, I totally missed that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry members enrname and enrtup

Дата:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> This really should have involved a catversion bump.  But we just
>> had one earlier today, so in practice it might not matter.

> Oh, because of stored rules using the old RangeTblEntry serialization
> format?  Sorry, I totally missed that.

Yeah, exactly.  In practice I'm not sure a stored rule/view could contain
an RTE_NAMEDTUPLESTORE RangeTblEntry, but if it did, there'd be a problem.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry membersenrname and enrtup

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> This really should have involved a catversion bump.  But we just
>>> had one earlier today, so in practice it might not matter.
>
>> Oh, because of stored rules using the old RangeTblEntry serialization
>> format?  Sorry, I totally missed that.
>
> Yeah, exactly.  In practice I'm not sure a stored rule/view could contain
> an RTE_NAMEDTUPLESTORE RangeTblEntry, but if it did, there'd be a problem.

I think that's not possible, so we're probably fine, even apart from
the fact that we've bumped catversion multiple times since beta1.