Обсуждение: [pgadmin-hackers] hello (and .git folder)

[pgadmin-hackers] hello (and .git folder)

От
Catonano
Дата:
Hello,

I am trying to build pgadmin4 for GuixSD

This is an excerpt from pkg/pip/build.sh

if [ ! -d .git -a ! -f .git/config ]; then
    echo This script must be run from a git checkout of the source tree.
    exit 1
fi

But in the tarball there is no .git folder

I can abandon the tarball and move to a git checkout , but I still think this should be raised up here

Thanks

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] hello (and .git folder)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build pgadmin4 for GuixSD
>
> This is an excerpt from pkg/pip/build.sh
>
> if [ ! -d .git -a ! -f .git/config ]; then
>     echo This script must be run from a git checkout of the source tree.
>     exit 1
> fi
>
> But in the tarball there is no .git folder
>
> I can abandon the tarball and move to a git checkout , but I still think
> this should be raised up here

That's intentional - the script uses git to ensure we only ship files
in the pip wheel that are expected to be in the source tree.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] hello (and .git folder)

От
Catonano
Дата:
Dave,

Hi

That's intentional - the script uses git to ensure we only ship files
in the pip wheel that are expected to be in the source tree.

thanks for your prompt reply

I'm not sure I understand your answer

Is the tarball the wrong way to try to build pgadmin4 ?

Thanks again

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] hello (and .git folder)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave,

>> Hi
>>
>> That's intentional - the script uses git to ensure we only ship files
>> in the pip wheel that are expected to be in the source tree.
>>

> thanks for your prompt reply
>
> I'm not sure I understand your answer
>
> Is the tarball the wrong way to try to build pgadmin4 ?

Some of our *packages* (Python wheel and Mac Appbundle iirc) require
building from a GIT checkout. RPMs, DEBs and other packages can be
built from the tarball, as can a personal build for your own use.