Обсуждение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bugs in RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo.

[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bugs in RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Fix bugs in RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo.

The previous coding was not quite right for cases involving multiple
levels of partitioning.

Amit Langote

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a25665088d812d08bb888e961f208eaebf522050

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/catalog/partition.c | 39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bugs in RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo.

От
Alexander Korotkov
Дата:
Hmm, Dmitry Ivanov spotted this bug [1].  And he posted this patch with only difference of variables naming and comments [2].  But he is not mentioned in commit message. That doesn't look fine.
2. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0d5b64c9-fa05-4dab-93e7-56576d1193ca%40postgrespro.ru

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Fix bugs in RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo.

The previous coding was not quite right for cases involving multiple
levels of partitioning.

Amit Langote

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a25665088d812d08bb888e961f208eaebf522050

Modified Files

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bugs in RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Hmm, Dmitry Ivanov spotted this bug [1].  And he posted this patch with only
> difference of variables naming and comments [2].  But he is not mentioned in
> commit message. That doesn't look fine.
>
> 1.
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/e6c56fe9-4b87-4f64-ac6f-bc99675f3f9e%40postgrespro.ru
> 2.
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0d5b64c9-fa05-4dab-93e7-56576d1193ca%40postgrespro.ru

You are correct. Sorry about that.  I try to be careful about such
things but obviously I dropped the ball on this one.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bugs in RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo.

От
Amit Langote
Дата:
Hi Alexander,

On 2016/12/14 15:18, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Hmm, Dmitry Ivanov spotted this bug [1].  And he posted this patch with
> only difference of variables naming and comments [2].  But he is not
> mentioned in commit message. That doesn't look fine.

I apologize for my part in failing to repeat in my description of the
patch that I sent (which might perhaps be the only thing Robert saw) that
Dmitry is the original author of the patch, in addition to being the
discoverer of the bug.  Thanks again!

Thanks,
Amit