Обсуждение: Incorrect overflow check condition for WAL segment size

Incorrect overflow check condition for WAL segment size

От
Kuntal Ghosh
Дата:
Hi all,

Although we restrict the WAL segment size to 64 MB as upper limit, the
following piece of code in guc.c (line 715) seems confusing to me.

#if XLOG_SEG_SIZE < (1024*1024) || XLOG_BLCKSZ > (1024*1024*1024)
#error XLOG_SEG_SIZE must be between 1MB and 1GB
#endif

Either the comment is wrongly written or the check for overflow
condition has to be fixed. Assuming the overflow check condition to be
erroneous, I've attached a patch to fix this.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Kuntal Ghosh

Re: Incorrect overflow check condition for WAL segment size

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Either the comment is wrongly written or the check for overflow
> condition has to be fixed. Assuming the overflow check condition to be
> erroneous, I've attached a patch to fix this.

Good catch. Interesting copy-pasto from 88e9823.
--
Michael

Re: Incorrect overflow check condition for WAL segment size

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Either the comment is wrongly written or the check for overflow
>> condition has to be fixed. Assuming the overflow check condition to be
>> erroneous, I've attached a patch to fix this.
>
> Good catch. Interesting copy-pasto from 88e9823.

Committed.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Incorrect overflow check condition for WAL segment size

От
Markus Nullmeier
Дата:
On 11/08/16 18:12, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've attached a patch to fix this.
>> Good catch. Interesting copy-pasto from 88e9823.
> Committed.

Hmm, somehow this fix (60379f66c8 for master) does not seem to appear
in the 9.5 and 9.6 branches, yet the latter both include commit 88e9823.

--
Markus Nullmeier            http://www.g-vo.org
German Astrophysical Virtual Observatory (GAVO)

Re: Incorrect overflow check condition for WAL segment size

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Markus Nullmeier
<dq124@uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> On 11/08/16 18:12, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> Good catch. Interesting copy-pasto from 88e9823.
>> Committed.
>
> Hmm, somehow this fix (60379f66c8 for master) does not seem to appear
> in the 9.5 and 9.6 branches, yet the latter both include commit 88e9823.

It didn't seem important to back-patch it, so I didn't.  It also
occurred to me that there was a small chance of breaking the build for
somebody who is skating by today, which would annoy that person
without being likely to benefit anyone else.