Обсуждение: migration tool

migration tool

От
Dhandapani Shanmugam
Дата:
Hi Gurus,

We are planning to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL database. I need your help to identify the right tool to migrate the oracle data, I  tried ora2pg but looks very complex. Can you suggest any GUI tools for postgreSQL migration please?

-Dhandapani

(Oracle to Postgres) migration tool

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: migration tool

От
Venkata B Nagothi

We are planning to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL database. I need your help to identify the right tool to migrate the oracle data, I  tried ora2pg but looks very complex. Can you suggest any GUI tools for postgreSQL migration please?

Well, ora2pg is the widely used tool to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL. You can actually migrate most part of the database automatically, except PL/SQLs and VIEWs which you will have to re-write manually.

As of i know there is NO other open-source tools like ora2pg available.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Database Consultant/Architect

Re: migration tool