Обсуждение: pginstaller-devel mailing list

pginstaller-devel mailing list

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
Hi all,

these days? I've received a few pieces of spam from it recently, but
haven't seen any legitimate traffic on it in years - in fact, I'd
forgotten all about it until the spam started to arrive.

Ray

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> Hi all,

> these days? I've received a few pieces of spam from it recently, but
> haven't seen any legitimate traffic on it in years - in fact, I'd
> forgotten all about it until the spam started to arrive.

The pginstaller project is long since dead.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pginstaller-devel mailing list

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 16/05/2013 14:36, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
>> Hi all,

>> these days? I've received a few pieces of spam from it recently, but
>> haven't seen any legitimate traffic on it in years - in fact, I'd
>> forgotten all about it until the spam started to arrive.
>
> The pginstaller project is long since dead.

Hi Dave,

Yes, I know that, but the mailing list seems to be there still - unless
of course the sender address was spoofed. Below are the full headers
from the last one I got, in case anyone is interested.

Ray.

Re: pginstaller-devel mailing list

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> Yes, I know that, but the mailing list seems to be there still - unless
> of course the sender address was spoofed. Below are the full headers
> from the last one I got, in case anyone is interested.

Yours is not the first complaint about long-dead mailing lists in
pgfoundry.org spewing spam.  It would be great for there to be an admin
that could take care of killing them dead.

"Marc G. Fournier"

from what I can tell, and I am by no means a mailman expert, there is no way of disabling a list without totally removing it … the closest you can get is to login as the list admin (in this case, its listed as being Magnus), and do:

  • Privacy Options
    • Advertised -> No
    • Subscribe Policy -> Confirm and approve
    • Private Roster -> List admin only
    • Sender Filters
      • Default Member Moderation -> Yes
      • Member Moderation Action -> Discard
      • Generic Nonmember Action -> Discard

From what I'm able to determine, this will close down the list so that nobody can subscribe, or post, to it, but leave the archives available …

Yes, I know that, but the mailing list seems to be there still - unless
of course the sender address was spoofed. Below are the full headers
from the last one I got, in case anyone is interested.

Yours is not the first complaint about long-dead mailing lists in
pgfoundry.org spewing spam.  It would be great for there to be an admin
that could take care of killing them dead.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 05/16/2013 11:21 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> from what I can tell, and I am by no means a mailman expert, there is no
> way of disabling a list without totally removing it … the closest you
> can get is to login as the list admin (in this case, its listed as being
> Magnus), and do:
>
>   * Privacy Options
>       o Advertised -> No
>       o Subscribe Policy -> Confirm and approve
>       o Private Roster -> List admin only
>       o Sender Filters
>           + Default Member Moderation -> Yes
>           + Member Moderation Action -> Discard
>           + Generic Nonmember Action -> Discard
>

>  From what I'm able to determine, this will close down the list so that
> nobody can subscribe, or post, to it, but leave the archives available …

You can just comment out the /etc/aliases entries for the list. That
will leave things like archives in place but will stop any and all
communication from and to the list.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> from what I can tell, and I am by no means a mailman expert, there is no way
> of disabling a list without totally removing it … the closest you can get is
> to login as the list admin (in this case, its listed as being Magnus), and
> do:
>
> Privacy Options
>
> Advertised -> No
> Subscribe Policy -> Confirm and approve
> Private Roster -> List admin only
> Sender Filters
>
> Default Member Moderation -> Yes
> Member Moderation Action -> Discard
> Generic Nonmember Action -> Discard
>

> From what I'm able to determine, this will close down the list so that
> nobody can subscribe, or post, to it, but leave the archives available …

I haven't been able to log in to that list for years, and repeated
requests to recover the password was ignored years ago. I have no
interest in trying to work around that again now, but if somebody else
wants to take over adminship and change those things, be my guest.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: pginstaller-devel mailing list

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Let me look into it when I get home tonight …