Обсуждение: New email works great!

New email works great!

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
... now, how do I manage the RCs?

So, my @postgresql.org mail is working now -- a very painless
transition.  Great work, guys!

However, we have a couple dozen Regional Contacts each with an email
account.  I need to do a fair amount of resetting passwords, and adding
new accounts this year.  What's the best way to do that?  Do I send
requests to the WWW team (via Redmine?  some other way?), or do I get
rights to admin mail myself?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: New email works great! Now how do I manage RCs?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> However, we have a couple dozen Regional Contacts each with an email
> account.  I need to do a fair amount of resetting passwords, and adding
> new accounts this year.  What's the best way to do that?  Do I send
> requests to the WWW team (via Redmine?  some other way?), or do I get
> rights to admin mail myself?

Um, hello?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: New email works great! Now how do I manage RCs?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> However, we have a couple dozen Regional Contacts each with an email
>> account.  I need to do a fair amount of resetting passwords, and adding
>> new accounts this year.  What's the best way to do that?  Do I send
>> requests to the WWW team (via Redmine?  some other way?), or do I get
>> rights to admin mail myself?
>
> Um, hello?

I actually tried to ping you on IM or IRC about that one, but you
didn't respond :P I'll try again :)

Re: New email works great! Now how do I manage RCs?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> I actually tried to ping you on IM or IRC about that one, but you
> didn't respond :P I'll try again :)

Per request, here's what I need to be able to do:

1. Create new RC accounts (these are always countrycode@postgresql.org)

2. Change passwords on RC accounts.

3. Delete RC accounts.

That's it.  These are things I need to be able to do as admin; the RCs
don't need to be able to.  I'd like Selena to eventually have
permissions as well, if possible.

We did discuss setting up a separate @contact.postgresql.org mail
domain.  That would be completely acceptable if it's the easier course.

If we can't set up a way for me to do this, be aware that I'll be
dumping a long list of requests, especially for password changes, on the
sysadmin staff in preparation for the release.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.