Обсуждение: postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page

postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Is that intentional?  Was it perhaps messed up when the new web site
infrastructure was put in place?

Re: postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:08, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Is that intentional?  Was it perhaps messed up when the new web site
> infrastructure was put in place?

postgresopen.org has never been part of the community infrastructure -
new *or* old. So it has no relation to that.

I don't think it's intentional, but I don't know for sure since I'm
not part of the postgres open team (hopefully others are listening in
here? ccing this directly to Gavin and Selena in case they don't). It
worked and showed the postgres open site last week, iirc, when I went
there to look something up.

I notice it's hosted by dreamhost. If it's not intentional, it might
be related to the security issues they had a short while ago where
they ended resetting a lot of passwords and such - perhaps someone
managed to flip the wrong switch when recovering from that?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> Is that intentional?  Was it perhaps messed up when the new web site
> infrastructure was put in place?

postgresopen.org was hacked, and we haven't had a chance to fix it yet.Hence the redirection.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 20:27, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/12 12:08 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Is that intentional?  Was it perhaps messed up when the new web site
>> infrastructure was put in place?
>
> postgresopen.org was hacked, and we haven't had a chance to fix it yet.
>  Hence the redirection.

That was an, eh, interesting, remedy.

Anyway, I suggest redirecting it to a wiki page that actually explains
what happened instead.

And next time, when you redirect your entire site to some other site,
you might want to let the people who run the "receiving" end actually
*know* about it...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> And next time, when you redirect your entire site to some other site,
> you might want to let the people who run the "receiving" end actually
> *know* about it...

Talk to Selena & Gavin about it.  I just reported the hacking.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.