Обсуждение: archives.postgresql.org not responding

archives.postgresql.org not responding

Дата:
http server crashed?  The machine responds to ping, but connections on
port 80 get "Connection refused".
        regards, tom lane

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 23 October 2011 17:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> http server crashed?  The machine responds to ping, but connections on
> port 80 get "Connection refused".

search.postgresql.org is also down.  I reported that there appeared to
be disk errors on it yesterday.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
wrote:<br/> > > http server crashed?  The machine responds to ping, but connections on<br /> > > port 80
thesame place. We are waiting on jd both for a report on what's actually wrong, and an actual fix. <p>There was some
reportsof hardware issues, and the root fs appears to have been recounted read only. But we don't know what and why on
thoseyet. <p>/Magnus

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 10/23/2011 09:34 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2011 6:24 PM, "Thom Brown" <thom@linux.com
> <mailto:thom@linux.com>> wrote:
>  >
>  > On 23 October 2011 17:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
>  > > http server crashed?  The machine responds to ping, but connections on
>  > > port 80 get "Connection refused".
>  >
>  > search.postgresql.org <http://search.postgresql.org> is also down.  I
> reported that there appeared to
>  > be disk errors on it yesterday.
>  >

> Yeah, they are both in the same place. We are waiting on jd both for a
> report on what's actually wrong, and an actual fix.
>
> There was some reports of hardware issues, and the root fs appears to
> have been recounted read only. But we don't know what and why on those yet.

Working on it.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,

Technician has been dispatched. Will report back when I hear what is on
the screen.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sunday, October 23, 2011, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Hello,

Technician has been dispatched. Will report back when I hear what is on the screen.

Hi!

Slow technician, or did you forget to forward his response? ;)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 10/24/2011 01:05 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sunday, October 23, 2011, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

>     Hello,
>
>     Technician has been dispatched. Will report back when I hear what is
>     on the screen.
>

> Hi!
>
> Slow technician, or did you forget to forward his response? ;)

PCI Parity, that was the only error. I have not yet researched it.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
Robins

Not sure if its linked, but when on the download page.. the 'automatic' redirector doesn't seem to be working either.
After a few seconds redirects to a 404.

Here are the details:
Error page title: 404 Not Found
Redirection target: http://www.postgresql.org/redir/311/h/ (seems to be a static 5 sec META redirect from the Download page)
Location: India (If that redirection target is location based)

---
Robins Tharakan