Обсуждение: Please stop approving obvious spam...

Please stop approving obvious spam...

Дата:
Whoever approved this was asleep at the switch; and the same for the
spam from the same address a few days ago in pgsql-admin.

(I assume from the timestamps that it was moderated, and the
source address isn't actually subscribed.)
        regards, tom lane

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Sat, 4 Sep 2010 07:59:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:    yj2133011 <274040551@qq.com>
To:      pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] On-disk size of db increased after restore

http://www.tomtop.com/home-garden/werkzeuge/digital-scales.html Digital
Scales  for any application. Wholesale digital scale pricing available.
American
http://www.tomtop.com/20g40kg-digital-hanging-luggage-fishing-weight-scale_p11432.html
Weight Scales  has what you need.

------- End of Forwarded Message

Re: Please stop approving obvious spam...

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 4 September 2010 19:14, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Whoever approved this was asleep at the switch; and the same for the
> spam from the same address a few days ago in pgsql-admin.
>
> (I assume from the timestamps that it was moderated, and the
> source address isn't actually subscribed.)

I haven't got access to the list to check the email address, but yes,
I'm pretty sure that was moderated.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

Re: Please stop approving obvious spam...

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 21:49, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 4 September 2010 19:14, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Whoever approved this was asleep at the switch; and the same for the
>> spam from the same address a few days ago in pgsql-admin.
>>
>> (I assume from the timestamps that it was moderated, and the
>> source address isn't actually subscribed.)
>
> I haven't got access to the list to check the email address, but yes,
> I'm pretty sure that was moderated.

I just checked the moderation queue of -hackers, which had about 40
unmoderated messages (all but three was spam). Well over half of these
were messages that were spam but that looked like responses to proper
thread (subject line actually active on the lists within the past day
or two). My guess is somebody got slightly trigger-happy and only
checked the subject and not the contents. AFAIK, this is a new "type"
of spam that hasn't shown up before - at least I haven't seen it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Please stop approving obvious spam...

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 6 September 2010 08:42, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 21:49, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>> On 4 September 2010 19:14, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Whoever approved this was asleep at the switch; and the same for the
>>> spam from the same address a few days ago in pgsql-admin.
>>>
>>> (I assume from the timestamps that it was moderated, and the
>>> source address isn't actually subscribed.)
>>
>> I haven't got access to the list to check the email address, but yes,
>> I'm pretty sure that was moderated.
>
> I just checked the moderation queue of -hackers, which had about 40
> unmoderated messages (all but three was spam). Well over half of these
> were messages that were spam but that looked like responses to proper
> thread (subject line actually active on the lists within the past day
> or two). My guess is somebody got slightly trigger-happy and only
> checked the subject and not the contents. AFAIK, this is a new "type"
> of spam that hasn't shown up before - at least I haven't seen it.

I don't mind taking on more moderation if it becomes necessary.  I
tend to moderate as they come in (when I'm awake obviously).