Обсуждение: Web updates for Mondays release

Web updates for Mondays release

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Who will be able to update the website for Mondays release? Magnus,
Stefan and I will all be en-route to PGCon (volcano gods allowing), so
if Devrim, Robert or someone else can handle it, that would be most
helpful.

At least the following would need to be done:

- Update the front page announcement balloon
- Update the versions list in system/global/settings.php
- Approve the release announcement
- Update the docs

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 09:07 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Who will be able to update the website for Mondays release? Magnus,
> Stefan and I will all be en-route to PGCon (volcano gods allowing), so
> if Devrim, Robert or someone else can handle it, that would be most
> helpful.

I can help.

> At least the following would need to be done:
>
> - Update the front page announcement balloon
> - Update the versions list in system/global/settings.php
> - Approve the release announcement

I can do these.

> - Update the docs

I need appropriate permissions to do this.

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Dave Page
Дата:
2010/5/11 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 09:07 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> Who will be able to update the website for Mondays release? Magnus,
>> Stefan and I will all be en-route to PGCon (volcano gods allowing), so
>> if Devrim, Robert or someone else can handle it, that would be most
>> helpful.
>
> I can help.

Great - thanks.

>> At least the following would need to be done:
>>
>> - Update the front page announcement balloon
>> - Update the versions list in system/global/settings.php
>> - Approve the release announcement
>
> I can do these.

OK. I don't think we need any text for any of that. Josh will submit
the release announcement, and we can reuse old text for the
announcement balloon.

>> - Update the docs
>
> I need appropriate permissions to do this.

You have an account on wwwmaster I see, and I just gave you permission
to do 'sudo su -'. Is there anything else you need?

The doc loader is in
/usr/local/www/wwwmaster.postgresql.org/www/tools/docs, and includes a
readme which tells you how to run it (I think you just need to run
step 4 and 5).

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> 2010/5/11 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
>>> - Update the docs
>>
>> I need appropriate permissions to do this.
>
> You have an account on wwwmaster I see, and I just gave you permission
> to do 'sudo su -'. Is there anything else you need?

You don't need and should not use root when loading the docs.

You should check out the docs directory in your own home dir and run
it from there.

Note that the scripts need an update for 9.0 if you want ot load the
9.0 betas, due to the fact that we no longer have an embedded tarball.
I have that in my working copy in ~mha, but I will make sure to commit
that tonight :-)

> The doc loader is in
> /usr/local/www/wwwmaster.postgresql.org/www/tools/docs, and includes a
> readme which tells you how to run it (I think you just need to run
> step 4 and 5).

You need to do 1, except it's not cvs ;)
You need to do 2 - just run "make".
You need to do 3 - because you're working from your home dir.
And yes, you need to do 4.
5 is absolutely mandatory.

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Dave Page
Дата:
2010/5/11 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>:

>>> I need appropriate permissions to do this.
>>
>> You have an account on wwwmaster I see, and I just gave you permission
>> to do 'sudo su -'. Is there anything else you need?
>
> You don't need and should not use root when loading the docs.

No, but he has root access in case there's some issue we haven't
thought of, and can't fix from 40,000 feet above Eyjafjallajökull

> 5 is absolutely mandatory.

That should probably be in upper case or something.
--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> 2010/5/11 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>:

>>> You have an account on wwwmaster I see, and I just gave you permission
>>> to do 'sudo su -'. Is there anything else you need?
>>
>> You don't need and should not use root when loading the docs.
>
> No, but he has root access in case there's some issue we haven't
> thought of, and can't fix from 40,000 feet above Eyjafjallajökull

Oh yeah, i'm not questioning that, just pointing out that the docs
loads should not be run as root under normal circumstances.

>> 5 is absolutely mandatory.
>
> That should probably be in upper case or something.

I think Devrim gets that without further clarifications.

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 11:24 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > You don't need and should not use root when loading the docs.
>
> No, but he has root access in case there's some issue we haven't
> thought of, and can't fix from 40,000 feet above Eyjafjallajökull

I think you *can* do it, since you could write the name of the volcano
correctly ;)
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Dave Page
Дата:
2010/5/11 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 11:24 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> > You don't need and should not use root when loading the docs.
>>
>> No, but he has root access in case there's some issue we haven't
>> thought of, and can't fix from 40,000 feet above Eyjafjallajökull
>
> I think you *can* do it, since you could write the name of the volcano
> correctly ;)

Copy n' paste my friend, copy n' paste :-)

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Web updates for Mondays release

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 12:17 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> 5 is absolutely mandatory.

Haha :-) Yeah, definitely I will do it.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Where is home page update?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW team,

The home page of Postgresql.org has not been updated for the release.
Is there a delay?  What's the holdup?

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com

Re: Where is home page update?

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 17 May 2010 16:12, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> WWW team,
>
> The home page of Postgresql.org has not been updated for the release. Is
> there a delay?  What's the holdup?

Has Devrim remembered to do it?  I've just nudged him.

Thom

Re: Where is home page update?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 16:31 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> > The home page of Postgresql.org has not been updated for the
> release. Is
> > there a delay?  What's the holdup?
> >

> Has Devrim remembered to do it?  I've just nudged him.

We had sync issues, and we are about to fix it, w/ Dave.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: Where is home page update?

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
2010/5/17 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 16:31 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
>> > The home page of Postgresql.org has not been updated for the
>> release. Is
>> > there a delay?  What's the holdup?
>> >

>> Has Devrim remembered to do it?  I've just nudged him.
>
> We had sync issues, and we are about to fix it, w/ Dave.
> --

Thanks Devrim.  Site now showing new versions :)

Thom

Re: Where is home page update?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 08:12 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> The home page of Postgresql.org has not been updated for the release.
> Is there a delay?  What's the holdup?

Not to mention the annoying first set of issues which lasted about 45
minutes, we had a weird rsync issue, and we got rid of it, after 5.5
hours, with great help of Dave.

Everything should be ok now.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: Where is home page update?

Дата:
Josh is on an airplane, and I'm not sure if Marc is paying attention,
so I've forwarded the release announcement to pgsql-announce.
Someone please approve.
        regards, tom lane