Обсуждение: archives.postgresql.org not responding

archives.postgresql.org not responding

Дата:
I've been seeing connection timeouts for the last little while ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Tom Lane wrote:
> I've been seeing connection timeouts for the last little while ...

AFAIK - currently there is maintainance work going on at the CMD hosting
facility besides archives also search,planet and the buildfarm are down
currently  ...

Stefan

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've been seeing connection timeouts for the last little while ...
>
> AFAIK - currently there is maintainance work going on at the CMD hosting
> facility besides archives also search,planet and the buildfarm are down
> currently  ...

Longer than expected, but everything should be up but buildfarm. I am
out of caffeine at this point but will look at buildfarm first thing in
the morning.

Joshua D. Drake

> Stefan

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

Дата:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I've been seeing connection timeouts for the last little while ...
>>
>> AFAIK - currently there is maintainance work going on at the CMD hosting
>> facility besides archives also search,planet and the buildfarm are down
>> currently  ...

> Longer than expected, but everything should be up but buildfarm. I am
> out of caffeine at this point but will look at buildfarm first thing in
> the morning.

Fully understand about lack of caffeine --- but if this was a planned
service outage, some advance notice to pgsql-www would've been
appropriate, no?  Or did I just miss it?

Tom Lane wrote:
>> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>>> Tom Lane wrote:

> Fully understand about lack of caffeine --- but if this was a planned
> service outage, some advance notice to pgsql-www would've been
> appropriate, no?  Or did I just miss it?

I sent it to sysadmins, but your point is taken. I will send to both in
the future.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Sunday 22 June 2008 02:45:07 Tom Lane wrote:
> > Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> >>
> >> AFAIK - currently there is maintainance work going on at the CMD hosting
> >> facility besides archives also search,planet and the buildfarm are down
> >> currently  ...
> >
> > Longer than expected, but everything should be up but buildfarm. I am
> > out of caffeine at this point but will look at buildfarm first thing in
> > the morning.
>
> Fully understand about lack of caffeine --- but if this was a planned
> service outage, some advance notice to pgsql-www would've been
> appropriate, no?  Or did I just miss it?

He sent notice to sysadmins, but not pgsql-www. I'm not sure what the policy
is, but seems like it might be good to send these outage notices to a more
public list as well. (For example, there is currently a notice from Marc
about doing maintanance on mail.postgresql.org which I believe was supposed
to happen last night, though we haven't recieved a followup mail yet)

--
Robert Treat

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> If it involves web infrastructure (ie. archives.postgresql.org), it should go
> to pgsql-www ... if it involves non-web infrastructure (ie. ftp) it should go
> to sysadmins ...

Yeah, like I said, next time I will just email both. There are too many
"other" facets to what you just said.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: archives.postgresql.org not responding

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> If it involves web infrastructure (ie. archives.postgresql.org), it
> should go to pgsql-www ... if it involves non-web infrastructure
> (ie. ftp) it should go to sysadmins ...

Well, the point to me is that planned outages should be announced
somewhere where non-admins can see them.  Which service is involved
shouldn't determine that.

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > If it involves web infrastructure (ie. archives.postgresql.org), it
> > should go to pgsql-www ... if it involves non-web infrastructure
> > (ie. ftp) it should go to sysadmins ...
>
> Well, the point to me is that planned outages should be announced
> somewhere where non-admins can see them.  Which service is involved
> shouldn't determine that.

Agreed.  There should be a join-able list that will tell us about such
things.  I can't join sysadmins to find out about outages, and www seems
to fit that role fine.

http://enterprisedb.com