Обсуждение: Community instance of PentaBarf?

Community instance of PentaBarf?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW Team,

Pentabarf is the software which we used to schedule and book all three
Canada conferences (Anniversary, pgCon1 and 2).  It's the most
full-featured conference presentation management package available in OSS.

I'd like us to have an instance of PB installed on a community server so we
can use it for pgDays and the like. Right now Selena is trying to hack up
something in Drupal and it'll take a lot of work.  PB is Rails, so it's a
bit of a resource hog, but does run on Postgres.  Can we do this?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Community instance of PentaBarf?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: Community instance of PentaBarf?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> WWW Team,
>
> Pentabarf is the software which we used to schedule and book all three
> Canada conferences (Anniversary, pgCon1 and 2).  It's the most
> full-featured conference presentation management package available in OSS.
>
> I'd like us to have an instance of PB installed on a community server so we
> can use it for pgDays and the like. Right now Selena is trying to hack up
> something in Drupal and it'll take a lot of work.  PB is Rails, so it's a
> bit of a resource hog, but does run on Postgres.  Can we do this?

I have been looking into doing this for the eu group. Previously the conferences have all made a point of doing their
ownstuff and not within the web community, but if that has changed lll be happy to make it a general community
resource.

/Magnus

Re: Community instance of PentaBarf?

От
"Gabriele Bartolini"
Дата:
Ciao Josh,

Pentabarf is the software which we used to schedule and book all three
Canada conferences (Anniversary, pgCon1 and 2).  It's the most
full-featured conference presentation management package available in OSS.

Yes ... and a very hard one to install and configure. :)

I'd like us to have an instance of PB installed on a community server so we
can use it for pgDays and the like. Right now Selena is trying to hack up
something in Drupal and it'll take a lot of work.  PB is Rails, so it's a
bit of a resource hog, but does run on Postgres.  Can we do this?

This is something that we really need. This would speed up the organisation process for PG conferences worldwide, and also speed up the registration process, as speakers information will be shared among events.

As Magnus later pointed out, we were just about to raise the issue again for PGDay EU/IT.

Thanks,
Gabriele