Обсуждение: Minor change to community logon

Minor change to community logon

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
As far as I can see it's not documented anywhere, but until 5 minutes
ago it was possible to login to the community logon system using
either your email address or userid (and password of course). As this
can lead to a few subtle problems, I've modified the code to only
accept the userid & password.

So if anyone complains, please tell them to use their userid from now on.

--
Dave Page

Re: Minor change to community logon

От
Magnus Hagander
Dave Page wrote:
> As far as I can see it's not documented anywhere, but until 5 minutes
> ago it was possible to login to the community logon system using
> either your email address or userid (and password of course). As this
> can lead to a few subtle problems, I've modified the code to only
> accept the userid & password.

Thanks for picking this one off my TODO :-)

//Magnus

Re: Minor change to community logon

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

Right now, I have 5 different logons for postgresql.org sites:

community logon
wiki
pgfoundry
admin
pugs

Any chance of unifying any of these?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Minor change to community logon

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Right now, I have 5 different logons for postgresql.org sites:
>
> community logon
> wiki

They are one and the same anyway.

> pgfoundry

Probably, if one of the pgFoundry team cares to work on that once it's
been upgraded.

> admin

Nope, that will not be using the same database.

> pugs

Dunno - can Drupal handle external auth Selena?

--

Dave Page wrote:
>> pugs
>
> Dunno - can Drupal handle external auth Selena?

It's on my todo to work on that with Selena, since w'ell be needing it
for thyings like the EU site as well. AFAIK it does handle external auth
modules, but one needs to be developed for our system.

//Magnus

Re: Minor change to community logon

От
"Selena Deckelmann"
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> pugs
>
> Dunno - can Drupal handle external auth Selena?

There's support for LDAP and for OpenID, so in a general sense, yes :)

I'll work on it with Magnus.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us

Re: Minor change to community logon

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Selena Deckelmann
<selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>>> pugs
>>
>> Dunno - can Drupal handle external auth Selena?
>
> There's support for LDAP and for OpenID, so in a general sense, yes :)
>
> I'll work on it with Magnus.

Cool. I just fixed the last of his bugs in the community logon system
(I hope), so that''ll give me something else to do :-p

--
Dave Page

Re: Minor change to community logon

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 15:47 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> > Guys,

> > pugs
>
> Dunno - can Drupal handle external auth Selena?

It can use pam which would allow this. It can use OpenID too but I don't
know enough about OpenID to know if that would be a good idea.

Joshua D. Drake