Обсуждение: Postgres Wiki

Postgres Wiki

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Postgres Wiki

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hello,

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 12:15 +0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> For better or worse, the Postgres Wiki is now up and running:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org

Great! I pushed RPM Installation article there. I'll report you if I
experience problems.

I believe that wiki will help us a lot for writing docs.

Re: Postgres Wiki

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Postgres Wiki

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > For better or worse, the Postgres Wiki is now up and running:
> >
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org
>
> Great! I pushed RPM Installation article there. I'll report
> you if I experience problems.
>
> I believe that wiki will help us a lot for writing docs.

Just took a quick look at this one. Ignore for a moment the fact that I
don't like Wikis in general - I'm definitly not going to argue not to
have one for developers :-) Let's leave that part behind..

However, what's the rationale for putting this up on svr1? I would
consider that one our most critical server, considering it runs the cvs
repository. I would rather see the number of services on such an
important machine *decrease* than increase. If you need "internal
examples", we've already seen with the old svr2/wwwmaster box how messy
things can get with  a large mix of services -and how easy it is to end
up with things with security issues in there.

//Magnus

Re: Postgres Wiki

От
"Dave Page"