Обсуждение: Mirror database down?

Mirror database down?

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Mirror database down?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
Somethings badly broken on borg. It's dog slow - takes about 3 minutes
to do a "\d mirrors" on the db. And 2 mins+ to even get "top" started.

I'll try to figure out why, but if there's some freebsd expert who knows
exactly where to look, please take a poke.

(This is probably related to the awful slowness that wwwmaster has had
the whole day..)

//Magnus

Re: Mirror database down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Can someone kick the database? I keep getting the following message when
> trying to download something from www.postgresql.org:
>
> "We could not query the database or no mirrors could be found!"
>
> "Download PostgreSQL from the primary site"
>
> Of course, the primary site never works, as it has reached the maximum
> number of clients, and has been that way for quite a while.

Thank you for this *quick and timely* report of problems with wwwmaster
... now that we are aware of a problem, it is now fixed ...

Again, thanks for letting us know the moment you noticed there was a
problem, it *really* helps ...

----

Re: Mirror database down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Somethings badly broken on borg. It's dog slow - takes about 3 minutes
> to do a "\d mirrors" on the db. And 2 mins+ to even get "top" started.
>
> I'll try to figure out why, but if there's some freebsd expert who knows
> exactly where to look, please take a poke.

Already fixed ... there looks to have been a runaway process for "perl
udp.pl ..."?

I just killed the vServer and restarted it ... everything should be back
to normal now ...