Обсуждение: Homepage Title

Homepage Title

От
"P L"
Дата:
Hello PG Team,

I noticed that PG's rankings have slipped a few spots in the search engines.

I noticed that the homepage title only says PostgreSQL.

Whay not put PostgreSQL - The World's Most Advanced Open Source Database,
similar to MySQL's Most Popular Open Source Database.

When searching for open source database, or just database, MySQL's title
(and subsequently it's search result) looks more promising than
PostgreSQL's, perhaps driving potential traffic away from PostgreSQL to
other vendors.

The text could also be on the site, rather than just the image alternate
text in the blue. Also, the eleaphant only says PostgreSQL for it's
alternate text.

Just a suggestion to help improve PostgrSQL's presentation.

Anyhow, keep up the good work! The new look and feel is a vast improvement
over the previous.

Paul

Re: Homepage Title

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi,

Thanks Paul - I've made some changes along the lines you suggest. We'll
have to wait a month or so to see how they pan out of course!

Regards, Dave.