Обсуждение: Changing the developers page

Changing the developers page

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
I'd like to revert the formatting of the developers bios page to something
more like what we had on the developers website (ie. list based rather than
table based).   I think the new layout is a little odd for other contributors
being they only take up half the page.  Also that the email address handling
is a step back; by making the names as mailtos, we lose showing people the
wide variety of organizations that are involved in developement (via email
domains), not to mention the href's are broken anyway since we don't put in
valid emails for spam purposes, so I'd like to pull those emails back out and
make them visible.  Another thing,  I was going to do some content additions
to the file and it is completly munged up in CVS, i think someone has an
editor issue..?  Oh, one other thing, if I do these changes, I'd like to
change the link on developer.postgresql.org to point to the main websites
bios page, and I will add a link on www to point back to the directory
(assuming that is still used?)  Thoughts?

--
Robert Treat

Re: Changing the developers page

От
"Dave Page"

OK.

> Another thing,  I was going to do some
> content additions
> to the file and it is completly munged up in CVS, i think
> someone has an
> editor issue..?

I did have an issue after I recently rebuilt my PC - that should be
fixed now, but it's possible a few files are affected. That particular
file looks OK to me at the moment though on my PC (XP, WinCVS, Scite)
and on developer.pgadmin.org (Linux, CVS, vim).

> Oh, one other thing, if I do these changes,
> I'd like to
> change the link on developer.postgresql.org to point to the
> main websites
> bios page, and I will add a link on www to point back to the
> directory
> (assuming that is still used?)  Thoughts?

Sounds good to me.

There are also some updates to make to the bios page per my emails to
webmaster and -core yesterday - I added them to todo in case you want to
do those at the same time :-)

Regards, Dave

On Thursday 23 December 2004 10:31, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

I'll check it back out then... for me the whole file was riddled with ^M's and
had been compressed into about 3 lines... using vi/vim on freebsd...

> > Oh, one other thing, if I do these changes,
> > I'd like to
> > change the link on developer.postgresql.org to point to the
> > main websites
> > bios page, and I will add a link on www to point back to the
> > directory
> > (assuming that is still used?)  Thoughts?
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> There are also some updates to make to the bios page per my emails to
> webmaster and -core yesterday - I added them to todo in case you want to
> do those at the same time :-)

Yep, will do.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Changing the developers page

От
Gavin Sherry
Дата:
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> I'd like to revert the formatting of the developers bios page to something
> more like what we had on the developers website (ie. list based rather than
> table based).   I think the new layout is a little odd for other contributors
> being they only take up half the page.  Also that the email address handling
> is a step back; by making the names as mailtos, we lose showing people the
> wide variety of organizations that are involved in developement (via email
> domains), not to mention the href's are broken anyway since we don't put in
> valid emails for spam purposes, so I'd like to pull those emails back out and
> make them visible.  Another thing,  I was going to do some content additions
> to the file and it is completly munged up in CVS, i think someone has an
> editor issue..?  Oh, one other thing, if I do these changes, I'd like to
> change the link on developer.postgresql.org to point to the main websites
> bios page, and I will add a link on www to point back to the directory
> (assuming that is still used?)  Thoughts?

I really like the new format of the developers profile page. I think the
table format greatly increases readability.

However, I agree that the 'Other Contributors' bit doesn't look right.
Perhaps we could keep the table formatting but put 2 or 3 cells per row?

Thanks,

Gavin