Обсуждение: Banner ads on WWW ...

Banner ads on WWW ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Personally, I don't like the way they look ... just throws off the whole
layout, especially with them 'moving around' depending on the length of
the menu on the left ...

I'm for having them removed from there, and it shouldn't be a big coding
change to do so, should I?

they were okay on the old site, and even lukez's design, since it was a
fixed placement ... but I think that they really detract from the look of
the new site :(

----

Re: Banner ads on WWW ...

От
"Dave Page"

We could use the space for the survey. It won't quite give the
visibility of the front page, but on the other hand, it will be on lot's
of different pages instead of tucked away on just one...

Thoughts? Omar/Emily?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Banner ads on WWW ...

От
Gavin Sherry
> > Personally, I don't like the way they look ... just throws
> > off the whole
> > layout, especially with them 'moving around' depending on the
> > length of
> > the menu on the left ...
> >
> > I'm for having them removed from there, and it shouldn't be a
> > big coding
> > change to do so, should I?
> >
> > they were okay on the old site, and even lukez's design,
> > since it was a
> > fixed placement ... but I think that they really detract from
> > the look of
> > the new site :(
>
> We could use the space for the survey. It won't quite give the
> visibility of the front page, but on the other hand, it will be on lot's
> of different pages instead of tucked away on just one...

I think the surveys are distracting and of dubious worth. I'd rather not
seem them on the new site.

Just my not so humble opinion.

Gavin

Re: Banner ads on WWW ...

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Gavin Sherry wrote:
<snip>
> I think the surveys are distracting and of dubious worth. I'd rather not
> seem them on the new site.
>
> Just my not so humble opinion.

Ok, nothing wrong with having an opinion about it.  ;)

My opinion is a bit different, because often when I go to the PostgreSQL
home page (at present) I find it "interesting" to see what the latest
poll is and what the results are.

Seems like a reasonable way to look for "strong feeling" indicators from
the general population at large.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift