Обсуждение: www side projects

www side projects

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Can we get a list of all the www side projects that people are working on and
a status update? So far I've got 2, but thinking I'm forgetting something:

1)gborg -> foundry migration
2)techdocs plone/wiki repair

--
Robert Treat

Re: www side projects

От
Gavin Sherry
Дата:
Hi Robert,

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> Can we get a list of all the www side projects that people are working on and
> a status update? So far I've got 2, but thinking I'm forgetting something:
>
> 1)gborg -> foundry migration
> 2)techdocs plone/wiki repair

This is from a todo list I was putting together:

Urgent
======

* Scripts to monitor availability of Web sites, lists, cvs(up),
mail<->news gateway, etc
* Redundancy
 o Contingency plan if main site goes down under heavy load at time of 8.0
   release
 o Figure out load balancing: round robin DNS? auto selection of a mirror
   by IP (works for other major projects)?
 o Contact mirror sites to get them to support virtual host configuration
   we need to do round robin DNS and other related stuff

Project Management
==================

* Create Web site development page with: link to cvs for web module; FAQ;
link to TODO list

General
=======

* Performance of CVS web interface for main project is very poor. fix.

Content
=======

* Solid push to get 20 case studies online, including migration case
studies (Gavin, Robert Bernier, Josh Berkus)
* List of testimonials/reference sites (Gavin, ...?)
* Provide page of official logos with material specifications
(important for print journos) (Gavin, ...?)

Dancing Bears
=============

* Find a dancing bear for Bruce
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2004-09/msg00167.php)

---

Now, unfortunately I am out of action until the 15th as I'll be in Japan
with limited Internet access.

Thanks,

Gavin

Re: www side projects

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: www side projects

От
"Dave Page"

Auto selection of mirror has been somewhat problematic in the past, and
doesn't always work for other projects (php.net often gives me trouble
for example).

However, the new mirror tracker has been testing to see which sites are
suitable configured for rr, and the db schema has been updated to all
specification of 'primary' mirrors. When I've got the new site mirroring
properly, I will crack on with that job.

>  o Contact mirror sites to get them to support virtual host
> configuration
>    we need to do round robin DNS and other related stuff

See above :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: www side projects

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
> Can we get a list of all the www side projects that people are working on and
> a status update? So far I've got 2, but thinking I'm forgetting something:
>
> 1)gborg -> foundry migration
> 2)techdocs plone/wiki repair

Technically, I'm now on holiday until the 13th, and will be reviewing
all outstanding projects (including everything Pablo is working on) when
I get back.

There won't be any progress on the Techdocs/Plone wiki repair at least
until then.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

moving cvsweb ... (Was: Re: www side projects)

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> * Performance of CVS web interface for main project is very poor. fix.

Would ppl care if cvsweb was off by an hour?  ie. if I put it on the same
server as anoncvs, which is updated once an hour?  I could even increase
it to once every 30 minutes ...

----

Re: moving cvsweb ... (Was: Re: www side projects)

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Would ppl care if cvsweb was off by an hour?  ie. if I put it on the same
> server as anoncvs, which is updated once an hour?  I could even increase
> it to once every 30 minutes ...

I'd prefer it to track the master server myself ... but if it's a choice
between that and having reasonable response speed, I'll take response
speed ...

            regards, tom lane