Обсуждение: New website mirroring

New website mirroring

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi all.

The new website is now setup on wwwmaster.postgresql.org, which is
generating static html hourly. To test mirroring it is now rsynced from
there to wwwdevel.postgresql.org where it is served as static HTML.

The first problem I've noticed is files such as news.204.html, the links
for which are failing because they point to news.204. Any thoughts on
the best fix for that Alexey?

Regards, Dave.

Re: New website mirroring

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
> The new website is now setup on wwwmaster.postgresql.org, which is
> generating static html hourly. To test mirroring it is now rsynced from
> there to wwwdevel.postgresql.org where it is served as static HTML.
>
> The first problem I've noticed is files such as news.204.html, the links
> for which are failing because they point to news.204. Any thoughts on
> the best fix for that Alexey?

You should use Apache directive
Options MultiViews
for the static mirror. We should prepare a .htaccess file with that and copy it
to static mirror, probably.

Re: New website mirroring

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dave Page wrote:
>> The new website is now setup on wwwmaster.postgresql.org, which is
>> generating static html hourly. To test mirroring it is now rsynced from
>> there to wwwdevel.postgresql.org where it is served as static HTML.
>>
>> The first problem I've noticed is files such as news.204.html, the links
>> for which are failing because they point to news.204. Any thoughts on
>> the best fix for that Alexey?
>
> You should use Apache directive
> Options MultiViews
> for the static mirror. We should prepare a .htaccess file with that and copy
> it to static mirror, probably.

Doesn't that assume that the mirrors allow .htaccess files?

----

Re: New website mirroring

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> You should use Apache directive
>> Options MultiViews
>> for the static mirror. We should prepare a .htaccess file with that
>> and copy it to static mirror, probably.
>
> Doesn't that assume that the mirrors allow .htaccess files?

Either that or the mirrors should be told to setup their virtual hosts with this
directive on. That's needed for our l10n stuff to work.

Re: New website mirroring

От
"Dave Page"

Ahh, thanks. Done.