Обсуждение: Putting up Press Releases?

Putting up Press Releases?

От
"Josh Berkus"
Дата:
Folks,

We're about to start into translations for the 8.0 press release.
  People seem prepared to get it into:  Polish, Italian, French,
Japanese, German, Russian, Swedish, Danish, Hungarian, Romanian,
Turkish, Spanish and Brazillan Portuguese.

My question is, do we have where to put these up?  Is there any point
in posting a press release for a language we don't have a web site in?
 Last time we created some ad-hoc folders and hard-coded encodings, but
I don't want to make a mess for the WWW migration.

--Josh

Re: Putting up Press Releases?

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Josh Berkus wrote:
> My question is, do we have where to put these up?  Is there any point
> in posting a press release for a language we don't have a web site in?

Please bear in mind: even if we release the new version of the website before
the release of PostgreSQL 8.0, it will certainly lack *any* translations.

>  Last time we created some ad-hoc folders and hard-coded encodings, but
> I don't want to make a mess for the WWW migration.

That can be done now, too. But please no hard-coded encodings: the whole site is
now in UTF-8.