Обсуждение: No link

No link

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
I just read from the weekly news that PostgreSQL won Linux New Media Award for
Best Database System:

http://www.postgresql.org/news/236.html

The problem is that the news contains a URL which doesn't have the apropriate
link anchour, so I had to copy and paste the link into the browser to see the
page. Kind of annoying.

Just in case nobody noticed it.

--
 08:20:02 up 50 days, 22:32,  3 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.02, 0.79
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'

Re: No link

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks, fixed. Will be visible following the next site build.

Regards, Dave.

Re: No link

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: No link

От
"Dave Page"

If you like. Many ppl submit them in HTML format anyway.

Regards Dave.

Re: No link

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Dave Page wrote:

>> What about modifying the code so that it display the URLS as
>> hyperlinks even if they are submitted as plain text?
>
> If you like. Many ppl submit them in HTML format anyway.

Ok, added to my TODO for this weekend.

--
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim~gunduz.org                devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr

Re: No link

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Martín Marqués wrote:
> I just read from the weekly news that PostgreSQL won Linux New Media
> Award for Best Database System:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/news/236.html
>
> The problem is that the news contains a URL which doesn't have the
> apropriate link anchour, so I had to copy and paste the link into the
> browser to see the page. Kind of annoying.

Well, the URL pointed to doesn't seem to contain the promised
information anyway.  There is an account in German at
<http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2004/7441.html> and a picture of the
trophy at
<http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~nk671652/_lit/slides/20041030-171608-083.html>
(taken at a different event that I went to after LWE).  The current
issue of Linux Magazin (Germany) also contains details.  "PostgreSQL 8"
beat "MySQL 5.0" by 48% to 30% or so.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: No link

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

--0-666469050-1099423901=:82047

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Martín Marqués wrote:
>> I just read from the weekly news that PostgreSQL won Linux New Media
>> Award for Best Database System:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/news/236.html
>>
>> The problem is that the news contains a URL which doesn't have the
>> apropriate link anchour, so I had to copy and paste the link into the
>> browser to see the page. Kind of annoying.
>
> Well, the URL pointed to doesn't seem to contain the promised
> information anyway.  There is an account in German at
> <http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2004/7441.html> and a picture of the
> trophy at
> <http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~nk671652/_lit/slides/20041030-171608-083.html>
> (taken at a different event that I went to after LWE).  The current
> issue of Linux Magazin (Germany) also contains details.  "PostgreSQL 8"
> beat "MySQL 5.0" by 48% to 30% or so.

Neat, and we haven't even released it yet :)

----
--0-666469050-1099423901=:82047--

Re: No link

От
"Dave Page"

Yeah, but on the other hand, given MySQL's record, v5 probably won't be out for a year or three yet either. Still, that
givesus plenty of time to widen the feature gap even further...

/D

Re: No link

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:
<snip>

> If you like. Many ppl submit them in HTML format anyway.

Actually, no they don't.

I just generally go through and turn non-links into links every couple
of days for the more interesting news items to they're easier to people
to use.

Auto-adding them would be nifty.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Regards Dave.

Re: No link

От
"Dave Page"

Oh, so you update them but leave them for me or Devrim to approve? <big>

'Cos I've certainly approved a number in the past with pre-HTMLified
links.

Still, it won't hurt for it to be automated anyway, as long as it
doesn't mess up ones that are already done.

Regards, Dave