Обсуждение: Something strange about the docs search now

Something strange about the docs search now

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi guys,

Just noticed something that has changed (for the worse) in the search
capabilities of the interactive docs on the site.

If I go to the Interactive Docs section, then do a search, it all works
fine.

However, doing subsequent searches is different.  The options of where
to search in seem to have changed, so that I can no longer do another
search *just through the interactive docs*.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Something strange about the docs search now

От
John Hansen
Дата:
Justin,

> If I go to the Interactive Docs section, then do a search, it all works
> fine.
>
> However, doing subsequent searches is different.  The options of where
> to search in seem to have changed, so that I can no longer do another
> search *just through the interactive docs*.

what used to be in the dropdown list?

> ?
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

... John

Re: Something strange about the docs search now

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
John Hansen wrote:
<snip>

> what used to be in the dropdown list?

Good question.  I don't remember.  :(

However, the behavioral change is pretty simple to explain.

It used to be that after doing a search in the document set, subsequent
searches could still be done in the document set, and were by default.

Now, after the first search, it doesn't seem to allow for searching in
the document set any more.

It actually makes things noticeably tricker, as having to go back to the
first page every time for doing a search is a PITA.  ;)

Hope that's useful.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Something strange about the docs search now

От
John Hansen
Дата:
> It actually makes things noticeably tricker, as having to go back to the
> first page every time for doing a search is a PITA.  ;)

See if that helps.

... John

Re: Something strange about the docs search now

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
John Hansen wrote:

>>It actually makes things noticeably tricker, as having to go back to the
>>first page every time for doing a search is a PITA.  ;)
>
> See if that helps.

Yep, it seems to be working "properly" now.  :)

Thanks heaps John.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift