Обсуждение: pgFoundry Question

pgFoundry Question

От
"Gavin M. Roy"
Дата:
is the site going to host projects that use pgsql, but aren't pgsql
centric... that is an application like say bricolage, if they wanted.

Gavin

Re: pgFoundry Question

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 19:18, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> is the site going to host projects that use pgsql, but aren't pgsql
> centric... that is an application like say bricolage, if they wanted.

Well bricolage is kind of postgresql centric since afaik it currently
only runs on postgresql... but AFAIK we don't have plans to turn anyone
away as long as they support postgresql. If they plan to support other
databases as well they'd probably be better off at some place like
sourceforge, but I don't think we would turn them away.

Robert Treat

Re: pgFoundry Question

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

> Well bricolage is kind of postgresql centric since afaik it currently
> only runs on postgresql... but AFAIK we don't have plans to turn anyone
> away as long as they support postgresql. If they plan to support other
> databases as well they'd probably be better off at some place like
> sourceforge, but I don't think we would turn them away.

I'll second this.   Even if the project is database-agnostic, its mere
presense on pgFoundry will give the public impression that they are
associated with us ... which is a good thing.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions