Обсуждение: New survey

New survey

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Anyone got any ideas for a new user survey? It's long overdue for a
change...

Regards, Dave.

Re: New survey

От
"Dave Page"

Did you - oh sorry, hadn't noticed (thought I was the only one who ever
did that).

> For the next questions, I was thinking about getting some
> demographic information.  i.e. a couple of weeks of stuff like:
>
> How old are you?
>
> < 20
> 20 > 29
> 30 > 39
> 40 > 49
> 50+
>
> So we start to get an idea of the types of people that visit
> the website (and answer polls).

Could do I suppose - not overly sure that it's that interesting.

Regards, Dave.

Re: New survey

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:
<snip>
>>So we start to get an idea of the types of people that visit
>>the website (and answer polls).
>
> Could do I suppose - not overly sure that it's that interesting.

After I thought of it the other day, it became more interesting.

Started to wonder... what's the normal, everyday person out there
visiting the PostgreSQL site like?

So, this seems like a decent way to start figuring it out.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Regards, Dave.

Re: New survey

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas for a new user survey? It's long overdue for a
> change...

the best way to find information.

* mailing list archive
* search interface (www.postgresql.org)
* search postgresql resources (www.pgsql.ru)
and something else....

> Regards, Dave.

        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: New survey

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: New survey

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
One of the web forums I'm on for web hosting has a 'create a survey'
option that allows ppl to do so on the fly ... maybe something like that
on our site would be good?  have it similar to the events, where it has to
be approved before being put into circulation, but if there is a new one
in the wings, then have it cycled in at the end of the week, so that each
survey would last a minimum of 1 week ...

Then, have a 'last seen' date that would allow the same survey to be
displayed, say, a max of once every 3 months, so you could see changes in
results?  ie. last survey might have shown PHP4 was the preferred
programming language, but in 3 months, it shifts to more of a perl focus

Just thoughts ...

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas for a new user survey? It's long overdue for a
> change...
>
> Regards, Dave.

----

Re: New survey

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

Oh, another one:

For what task do you primarily use PostgreSQL?

* Data Warehousing/Data Mining
* Web Content Serving
* Transaction Processing
* Scientific Applications