Обсуждение: Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file doesn't work

Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file doesn't work

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi all,

Just downloaded v 7.4.1 and was reading through the INSTALL file.  It
mentions needing to go to a page in Peter E's webspace (gettext.html) to
get some NLS stuff, however this link provided doesn't work:

http://www.postgresql.org/~petere/gettext.html

Peter's webspace doesn't seem to be accessible at all through there, so
maybe it's a missing alias in the Apache config?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file doesn't work

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
ISTM the domain should have been developer.postgresql.org, not www, but even
still that page doesn't exist.... this looks like the potential replacement:

http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsinfo/

Peter, maybe you can clarify this for us.

Robert Treat

On Sunday 28 December 2003 22:47, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just downloaded v 7.4.1 and was reading through the INSTALL file.  It
> mentions needing to go to a page in Peter E's webspace (gettext.html) to
> get some NLS stuff, however this link provided doesn't work:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/~petere/gettext.html
>
> Peter's webspace doesn't seem to be accessible at all through there, so
> maybe it's a missing alias in the Apache config?
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Re: Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file doesn't work

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:

http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/bsd-gettext/

Re: Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Robert Treat wrote:
>
>>ISTM the domain should have been developer.postgresql.org, not www,
>>but even still that page doesn't exist.... this looks like the
>>potential replacement:
>>
>>http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsinfo/
>>
>>Peter, maybe you can clarify this for us.
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/bsd-gettext/

Ok, so what's the course of action here?

  + Update the website configuration to automatically re-direct to the
new location
  + Update the PostgreSQL Source tarball to also point to the new
location so that eventually we don't have to keep the re-direct in place

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 21:10, Justin Clift wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Robert Treat wrote:
> >
> >>ISTM the domain should have been developer.postgresql.org, not www,
> >>but even still that page doesn't exist.... this looks like the
> >>potential replacement:
> >>
> >>http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsinfo/
> >>
> >>Peter, maybe you can clarify this for us.
> >
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/bsd-gettext/
>
> Ok, so what's the course of action here?
>
>   + Update the website configuration to automatically re-direct to the
> new location
>   + Update the PostgreSQL Source tarball to also point to the new
> location so that eventually we don't have to keep the re-direct in place
>
> ?

IIRC Peter has updated the code to reflect this. Marc/Dave can we get a
report on the # of 404's being generated looking for the bad url? This
would tell us how urgent the problem is.

Robert Treat

Re: Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
svr1# grep petere access_log | grep " 404 " | wc -l
       6
svr1# gzcat access_log.0.gz | grep petere | grep " 404 " | wc -l
      10

that goes back to the 17th of Jan ... so doesn't look too critical ...