Обсуждение: Ready for release?

Ready for release?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

If we release on Monday, can the web sites be ready?   I'm taking care of
press kits, but I'm not sure about the main page and other stuff.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Ready for release?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 16:03, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> If we release on Monday, can the web sites be ready?   I'm taking care of
> press kits, but I'm not sure about the main page and other stuff.

Well, I think we need some kind of message on the advocacy website that
links to the full press releases, I think that's somewhat in place, what
else do we need to do? The advocacy page will also need to update it's
links in the "download" section.  Someone needs to put the official
notice on the main page the day of release, which shouldn't be much
problem.

Dave, any chance at having the 7.4 interactive/searchable docs ready to
go?

Any other items folks?

Robert Treat

Re: Ready for release?

От
"Dave Page"

When they are ready I can run them through the prog that formats them.
Biggest problem now is that I'm in the middle of a big software rollout
and my helldesk operator just broke his foot :-( Things are getting
kinda hectic...

Regards, Dave

Re: Ready for release?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Is there a script that needs to be run for this, that I can run when I do
the release tar ball up?

Re: Ready for release?

От
"Dave Page"

Yes, a rather hastily hacked together C prog that will process and
insert into the DB, though I can't get to it right now as the swervers
seem to be innaccessible from here again (has happened a few times since
the colo moved btw). It may need some tweaking/massaging to get it to
run as required... Hopefully I can do it, it just depends on my
workload.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Ready for release?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

> Yes, a rather hastily hacked together C prog that will process and
> insert into the DB, though I can't get to it right now as the swervers
> seem to be innaccessible from here again (has happened a few times since
> the colo moved btw). It may need some tweaking/massaging to get it to
> run as required... Hopefully I can do it, it just depends on my
> workload.

Looks like we might have an extra week ... bug in "Select for Update" recently
patched.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Ready for release?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Assuming that you have a windows box over there (and anyone else as well),
can you install PingPlotter (the shareware version, not the freeware) and
run it again 200.46.204.1?  One of the thngs that the shareware version
does, that the freeware doesn't, is graphs on the bottom time when that IP
(the router) isn't accessible ... I'm curious as to how often it isn't
accessible, as well as some sort of indication of where along the path is
causing the problem ... if you could run it for a couple of days, and
email me a screenshot of it?