Обсуждение: Google Summer of code 2013

Google Summer of code 2013

От
Akansha Singh
Дата:
> HI all
>
> I am Akansha Singh. I am a Java developer with experience of designing
>  databases.i have been an intern in Oracle , i had worked on Oracle database
> I have also did project using JDBC before .I will be highly obliged if some one can
> give ur suggestions for the project idea.
>
>  I would be interested to work on PL/Java and JDBC.
>>
>> Please let me know of any project that currently need attention.I would
>> be honored to contribute to the community.
>
> regards
> Akansha Singh

I think a new JDBC driver is being worked on.You could have a look there.

Do you have any interest in data analytics? I proposed a couple of
ideas in that field.If you are interested, we could talk over them.

Regards,

Atri

If you can brief me about that , i will happy to contribute my skills towards the project.

--
Akansha

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
Atri Sharma
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Akansha Singh <akansha.singh@oracle.com> wrote:
>> HI all

> If you can brief me about that , i will happy to contribute my skills towards the project.

Sure.

Essentially, what I suggested was adding some functionalities to
MADLib.You can have a look at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2013 under 'Tools' (Extending
MADlib functions to fill in (extrapolate) missing values in data set).

We can discuss it after you get a basic idea.

Regards,

Atri

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
Akansha Singh
Дата:
Hi,
Please if someone can extend me the link to the MADLib. I would like to get my hands on it as early as possible.

Thanks

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM, viod <viod.len@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>

>> Do you have any interest in data analytics? I proposed a couple of
>> ideas in that field.If you are interested, we could talk over them.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>

> I am pretty much interested in the ideas you posted on the mailing list
> (particularly in implementing the K-medoids algorithm). I've asked MADlib if
> they could mentor me, but unfortunately  their org has not been accepted in
> GSoC, and they haven't answered since then.

No issues, I can try to help you out.

> Do you think I could still do it with PostgreSQL? I would really like to do
> this project, as an initiation to classification algorithms.
>
> Still, I don't really understand how this would be used by PostgreSQL?

MADLib is the de facto library for in database analytics in PostgreSQL.

Download,install MADLib, run a few programs, and think more about the
implementation and discuss here.

Regards,

Atri

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
Atri Sharma
Дата:

http://madlib.net/

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
David Fetter
Дата:
Are you sure that it's OK for you to work at Oracle and on this
project at the same time?

For me, plugging the word madlib into a random selection of search
engines got this in the top 3 <http://madlib.net/> each time.  What
was it when you searched?

Cheers,
David.
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 08:51:35AM -0700, Akansha Singh wrote:
> Hi,
> Please if someone can extend me the link to the MADLib. I would like to get my hands on it as early as possible.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM, viod <viod.len@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all!
> >

> >> Do you have any interest in data analytics? I proposed a couple of
> >> ideas in that field.If you are interested, we could talk over them.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Atri
> >

> > I am pretty much interested in the ideas you posted on the mailing list
> > (particularly in implementing the K-medoids algorithm). I've asked MADlib if
> > they could mentor me, but unfortunately  their org has not been accepted in
> > GSoC, and they haven't answered since then.
>
> No issues, I can try to help you out.
>
> > Do you think I could still do it with PostgreSQL? I would really like to do
> > this project, as an initiation to classification algorithms.
> >
> > Still, I don't really understand how this would be used by PostgreSQL?
>
> MADLib is the de facto library for in database analytics in PostgreSQL.
>
> Download,install MADLib, run a few programs, and think more about the
> implementation and discuss here.
>
> Regards,
>
> Atri
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Atri
> l'apprenant

Remember to vote!

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
>> I am Akansha Singh. I am a Java developer with experience of designing
>>  databases.i have been an intern in Oracle , i had worked on Oracle database
>> I have also did project using JDBC before .I will be highly obliged if some one can
>> give ur suggestions for the project idea.
>>
>>  I would be interested to work on PL/Java and JDBC.

Just to make absolutely sure: your internship with Oracle is over,
correct?  If you are still an Oracle intern, the terms of that
internship prohibit you participating in GSOC.

Even if your internship is over, you'll need to email me and Thom
*privately* about what specific things you worked on at Oracle as an
intern.  You cannot work on anything on Postgres which is closely
related to your internship work at Oracle.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.