Обсуждение: apt.postgresql.org vs. Pitti PPA - install error

apt.postgresql.org vs. Pitti PPA - install error

От
rawi
Дата:
Working on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit (raring)

I red, that Pitti-PPA will be discontinued in the future, so we should make
the switch to apt.postgresql.org.

But trying to "aptitude install postgresql-9.3" (and with 9.2 - the same) I
get an install error:

<error>
The following packages have unmet dependencies:postgresql-common : Breaks: logrotate (>= 3.8) but 3.8.3-3ubuntu2 is
installed.
</error>

Going back to the Pitti PPA I could install pg-9.2 without problems (there
will be no 9.3 in there)

Regards
Rawi

Re: apt.postgresql.org vs. Pitti PPA - install error

От
basti
Дата:
Please post your /etc/apt/source.list entry and "lsb_release -c"

Am 18.06.2013 12:12, schrieb rawi:
> Working on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit (raring)
>
> I red, that Pitti-PPA will be discontinued in the future, so we should make
> the switch to apt.postgresql.org.
>
> But trying to "aptitude install postgresql-9.3" (and with 9.2 - the same) I
> get an install error:
>
> <error>
>  postgresql-common : Breaks: logrotate (>= 3.8) but 3.8.3-3ubuntu2 is
> installed.
> </error>
>
> Going back to the Pitti PPA I could install pg-9.2 without problems (there
> will be no 9.3 in there)
>
> Regards
> Rawi

Re: apt.postgresql.org vs. Pitti PPA - install error

От
rawi
Дата:
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/apt_postgresql_org.list:
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ precise-pgdg main 9.3

(for 9.2 also tryed only 'deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
precise-pgdg main')

lsb_release -c
Codename:       raring

but there is no repository for raring... so I took then the precise one...

Thank you!

Regards, Rawi

Re: apt.postgresql.org vs. Pitti PPA - install error

От
rawi
Дата:
Sorry for bumping the thread...

... but I'd like to install now finally postgresql 9.3 - and it doesn't
work.

Same conditions:

Ubuntu 13.04 64bit (raring)

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/apt_postgresql_org.list contains:

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ precise-pgdg main

lsb_release -c
Codename:       raring

Same fault:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:postgresql-common : Breaks: logrotate (>= 3.8) but 3.8.3-3ubuntu2 is
installed

So, how to install the 9.3 precise-version on raring?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Rawi

Re: apt.postgresql.org vs. Pitti PPA - install error

От
Jan Lentfer

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/apt_postgresql_org.list contains:

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ precise-pgdg main

lsb_release -c
Codename:       raring

Same fault:

The following packages have unmet dependencies: postgresql-common : Breaks: logrotate (>= 3.8) but 3.8.3-3ubuntu2 is
installed

So, how to install the 9.3 precise-version on raring?

Looking at the content of the apt repository shows that there is no precompiled binary for "raring" and the version for precise has dependencies (regarding the version of logrotate) that raring can't fullfil.

So either you try to compile your own binary packages from the source packages or you download the postgresql-common .deb and try to forcly install it (man pkg, dpkg --force-help, dpkg --force-breaks). But I would not recommend that.

--
professional: http://www.oscar-consult.de private: http://neslonek.homeunix.org/drupal/

Re: apt.postgresql.org vs. Pitti PPA - install error

От
rawi
Дата:
> So either you try to compile your own binary packages
> from the source packages or you download the postgresql-common .deb
> and try to forcly install it (man pkg, dpkg --force-help, dpkg
> --force-breaks).

Jan, thank you, but both alternatives are - for me - not secure.

So I hoped, that Pitti (once again) would support 9.3 in his repository.
Then the precise-version 9.2 from his PPA is doing very well on raring.
Or alternatively here, the dependency constraint in postgresql-common would
be widened; then I doubt that logrotate in raring could have less
functionality than in precise.

But I'm no pro, so I have no real insider look; That's why I'll have to
wait.

Regards, Rawi