Обсуждение: sqlplus reporting equivalent in postgres?

sqlplus reporting equivalent in postgres?

От
Tony Capobianco
Дата:
We're in the process of porting our Oracle 10.2 datawarehouse over to
PostGres 8.4.  One thing we rely upon are daily/hourly reports that are
run and formatted in sqlplus (break on report, compute sum, etc.).  Is
there an equivalent available in postgres?

Thanks.
Tony

Re: sqlplus reporting equivalent in postgres?

От
"Igor Neyman"
Дата:
ofporting our Oracle 10.2 datawarehouse over to<br /> PostGres 8.4.  One thing we rely upon are daily/hourly reports
thatare<br /> run and formatted in sqlplus (break on report, compute sum, etc.).  Is<br /> there an equivalent

Re: sqlplus reporting equivalent in postgres?

От
Samuel Gendler

We're in the process of porting our Oracle 10.2 datawarehouse over to
PostGres 8.4.  One thing we rely upon are daily/hourly reports that are
run and formatted in sqlplus (break on report, compute sum, etc.).  Is
there an equivalent available in postgres?

Thanks.
Tony

psql - not as advanced, doesn't have all the features SQL*Plus has.

On the other hand, it is at least capable of command history and readline support.

Re: sqlplus reporting equivalent in postgres?

От
Samuel Gendler

psql - not as advanced, doesn't have all the features SQL*Plus has.
On the other hand, it is at least capable of command history and readline
support.

Yes, but rlwrap will eliminate that limitation.

Damn!  Why didn't anyone tell me about that a couple of years ago when I had to deal with Oracle?

Re: sqlplus reporting equivalent in postgres?

От
Gary Chambers
Дата:
>> psql - not as advanced, doesn't have all the features SQL*Plus has.
> On the other hand, it is at least capable of command history and readline
> support.

Yes, but rlwrap will eliminate that limitation.

-- Gary Chambers

Re: sqlplus reporting equivalent in postgres?

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Samuel Gendler wrote on 11.12.2010 04:23:
>     psql - not as advanced, doesn't have all the features SQL*Plus has.
>

> On the other hand, it is at least capable of command history and readline support.

Hmm, for me SQL*Plus does support command history, but this is getting off-topic now...

Regards
Thomas