Обсуждение: Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL

Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL

От
Jomon Skariah
Дата:
> Hi,
>
> We are in the process of migrating of our application from Oracle to
> PostGreSQL.
>

> we are  facing a few problems with PL/SQL Code..
>
> 1)     Can we perform DML statements on VIEWS in PostGreSQL as we do in
> ORACLE?
>     Do I need to create some RULES for that ??
>
> 2    In Oracle sqlplus we can run sql script files as @script_name;
>     How do we do the same in PostGres.
>     Also is there any replacement for "&&" in PostGres ?
>

>     Eg:
>         CREATE USER CATALOG
>         IDENTIFIED BY &ORA_PASSWORD
>         DEFAULT TABLESPACE &DFLT_TABLESPACE
>         TEMPORARY TABLESPACE &TEMP_TABLESPACE
>

> Regards
>
> Jomon Skariah.

Re: Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL

От
Jomon Skariah

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply.

In our PL/SQL code we have used userenv('LANG') in some of the INSERT
statements.
Do we have a replacement for this..

Regards

Jomon