Обсуждение: More open source database comparison...

More open source database comparison...

От
Benoit Menendez
Дата:
For all of you PostgreSQL users, have you tried SAPdb now that it is open source? What are the differences? Pros and Cons?

Thanks for any info on the subject...

    Benoit

Re: More open source database comparison...

От
Christopher Sawtell
Дата:
On Sunday 24 February 2002 09:20 am, Benoit Menendez wrote:
> For all of you PostgreSQL users, have you tried SAPdb now that it is open
> source? What are the differences? Pros and Cons?

It has a most unusual build procedure. It didn't work for me and I could not
easily find out what went wrong, so it failed my first test for competence in
a project.  That said, it is used as the engine underlying some very complex
commercial products, upon which many hundreds, if not thousands, of people
rely for their daily bread, so I hope for their sakes that it isn't totally
bad.

I have since got hold of a set of CDROMs & must get around to giving it
another chance. Thanks for reminding me.

--
Sincerely etc.,
Christopher Sawtell.