Обсуждение: Blobs

Blobs

От
"Neil Cameron"
Дата:
Hi Folks

I want to store Word docs etc into the mighty Postgres. I think this means using blobs.

1.Does anybody know the SQL to create say a table with a field called docs to store them in. I don't know what the data type is.

    ie something like CREATE TABLE documents docs (blob datatype ??)

2. Is there some special syntax to get the blob back. ie SELECT (special syntax)

Thanks

Neil@blueice

Re: [SQL] Blobs

От
Mathijs Brands
Дата:
On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 02:33:59PM -0800, Neil Cameron allegedly wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I want to store Word docs etc into the mighty Postgres. I think this means using blobs.
>
> 1.Does anybody know the SQL to create say a table with a field called docs to store them in. I don't know what the
datatype is.

>     ie something like CREATE TABLE documents docs (blob datatype ??)
>
> 2. Is there some special syntax to get the blob back. ie SELECT (special syntax)
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil@blueice

You'll need to use large objects. The documentation explains how to (I'm
a bit lazy ;)

Mathijs

Re: [SQL] Blobs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
You have to use "large objects". See the programmer's guide.

On 2000-01-24, Neil Cameron mentioned: