Обсуждение: this one's simpler

this one's simpler

От
Eric McKeown
Дата:
Ok, I think this questions is a little bit easier.  I have this piece of
code:

select (max(date_asked) - min(date_asked))::timespan from questions ;

And it produces this output:

timespan
------------------------------------
@ 2334 days 13 hours 21 mins 45 secs
(1 row)

Now, what I'd really like is a way to format that output into months so
that I could see the difference between the two dates in terms of months.
Pointers??

TIA...

eric

_______________________
Eric McKeown
ericm@palaver.net
http://www.palaver.net

Re: [SQL] this one's simpler

От
Maarten Boekhold
Дата:
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Eric McKeown wrote:

> Ok, I think this questions is a little bit easier.  I have this piece of
> code:
>
> select (max(date_asked) - min(date_asked))::timespan from questions ;
>
> And it produces this output:
>
> timespan
> ------------------------------------
> @ 2334 days 13 hours 21 mins 45 secs
> (1 row)
>
> Now, what I'd really like is a way to format that output into months so
> that I could see the difference between the two dates in terms of months.
> Pointers??

Well, since not every month has the same number of days, and not every
*year* has the same number of days, I think this would only be possible
if you also give same starting date (ie min(date_asked)). I'd try to
write a C-function for this I guess.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |

Having problems to compile SPI

От
Jose David Martinez Cuevas
Дата:
Hi.

I hope this is not a too much trivial question.

I'm having problems when compiling a new SPI function. I've been doing it
with :

    gcc -I/usr/src/postgresql-6.3.2/src/include
       -I/usr/src/postgresql-6.3.2/src/backend
       -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
       -fpic -I/usr/src/postgresql-6.3.2/src/include
       -c cascade.c -o cascade.o

but when I call de .o file from the function attached to the trigger , I
get the next message:

    ERROR:  Load of file /SAP/SQL/funcs/spi/cascade.o failed:
            /SAP/SQL/funcs/spi/cascade.o: ELF file's phentsize not the
            expected size

What can I do ???

_______________________________________
David Martinez Cuevas
Direccion General de Estadistica, UNAM - Mexico
Tel. 622-60-80
E-mail david@estadistica.unam.mx

RE: [SQL] Having problems to compile SPI

От
"Taral"
Дата:
Aren't you supposed to link SPI functions as shared libraries?

Try: gcc -shared -o cascade.so cascade.o

Taral