Обсуждение: Compile error: command not found

Compile error: command not found

От
"Nathan Garlington"
Дата:
Hi all!

I downloaded 8.3.1 and ./configure and gmake went smoothly during the
installation process. But when I ran gmake install, I had these
errors:

**********
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/root/postgresql-8.3.1/src/backend/utils'
AWK='' /bin/sh Gen_fmgrtab.sh ../../../src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h
Gen_fmgrtab.sh: line 84: $5 == "12" { print }: command not found
Gen_fmgrtab.sh: line 142:
BEGIN   { OFS = ""; }
        { if (seenit[$(NF-3)]++ == 0) print "#define F_", $(NF-3), "
", $1; }: command not found
Gen_fmgrtab.sh failed
gmake[3]: *** [fmgroids.h] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/root/postgresql-8.3.1/src/backend/utils'
gmake[2]: *** [utils/fmgroids.h] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/root/postgresql-8.3.1/src/backend'
gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/postgresql-8.3.1/src'
gmake: *** [install] Error 2

***********
and gmake stopped. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this?

I'm running a recently installed Slackware Linux 12.0 on a linux-only box.

Nathan Garlington

Re: Compile error: command not found

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 schrieb Nathan Garlington:
> I downloaded 8.3.1 and ./configure and gmake went smoothly during the
> installation process. But when I ran gmake install, I had these
> errors:
>
> **********
> gmake[3]: Entering directory `/root/postgresql-8.3.1/src/backend/utils'
> AWK='' /bin/sh Gen_fmgrtab.sh ../../../src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h
> Gen_fmgrtab.sh: line 84: $5 == "12" { print }: command not found

Install awk?

Re: Compile error: command not found

От
"Nathan Garlington"
Дата:
Peter,

Thanks for the promdt reply. I installed awk as per your suggestion,
and verified it's installation from the command line. But I am still
getting the exact same error shown below. Any other ideas?

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 schrieb Nathan Garlington:
> > I downloaded 8.3.1 and ./configure and gmake went smoothly during the
> > installation process. But when I ran gmake install, I had these
> > errors:
> >
> > **********
> > gmake[3]: Entering directory `/root/postgresql-8.3.1/src/backend/utils'
> > AWK='' /bin/sh Gen_fmgrtab.sh ../../../src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h
> > Gen_fmgrtab.sh: line 84: $5 == "12" { print }: command not found
>
> Install awk?

Nathan Garlington

Re: Compile error: command not found

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 schrieb Nathan Garlington:
> Thanks for the promdt reply. I installed awk as per your suggestion,
> and verified it's installation from the command line. But I am still
> getting the exact same error shown below. Any other ideas?

make distclean and rerun configure.

Compile error: command not found

От
"Nathan Garlington"
Дата:
That did it! Thanks for the help.
Now, I'm trying to setup the data cluster, so I use:

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

as the postgres user but the shell tells me that the 'initdb' does not exist.

I rebooted the computer and tried it again, but still won't work.

??

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 schrieb Nathan Garlington:
> > Thanks for the promdt reply. I installed awk as per your suggestion,
> > and verified it's installation from the command line. But I am still
> > getting the exact same error shown below. Any other ideas?
>
> make distclean and rerun configure.

Nathan Garlington

Nathan Garlington

Re: Compile error: command not found

Дата:
"Nathan Garlington" <garlinto@gmail.com> writes:
> Now, I'm trying to setup the data cluster, so I use:
> initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> as the postgres user but the shell tells me that the 'initdb' does not exist.

Either you forgot the "make install" step, or it installed the programs
into someplace that isn't in your $PATH.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Compile error: command not found

От
"Nathan Garlington"
Дата:
well, after I unzipped and untarred the source,

I changed dir into the postgres-8.3.1 dir and executed:

$: ./configure

when complete, did

$: gmake

which took a while, and then did

$: gmake install

I did all of this as per the instructions in the pgsql manual for ver.
8.3.1. When the install completed, I was told the postgres was
successfully installed on my system

But if there is a problem with $PATH environment var, it looks like
there are some other instructions I can follow. I will try those in
the meantime.

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Nathan Garlington" <garlinto@gmail.com> writes:
> > Now, I'm trying to setup the data cluster, so I use:
> > initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> > as the postgres user but the shell tells me that the 'initdb' does not exist.
>
> Either you forgot the "make install" step, or it installed the programs
> into someplace that isn't in your $PATH.

Nathan Garlington

Compile error: command not found

От
"Nathan Garlington"
Дата:
No need, I got it to run! I followed the directions in the manual on
how to set the environment variables correctly, and after I did that,
presto!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my problem!

Nathan Garlington

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Nathan Garlington wrote:
> > That did it! Thanks for the help.
> > Now, I'm trying to setup the data cluster, so I use:
> >
> > initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> >
> > as the postgres user but the shell tells me that the 'initdb' does not
> > exist.
> >
> > I rebooted the computer and tried it again, but still won't work.
>
> Please write to an appropriate mailing list for user support.

Nathan Garlington