Обсуждение: RPM dependency on 'mx'?

RPM dependency on 'mx'?

От
Peter Hartzler
Дата:
Greetings --

First, I haven't seen reference to a pgsql-ports faq or other collection
of already known issues and/or workarounds -- let me know if there is such
a beast.

Re: mx:

Downloaded postgresql-*-7.1.3-1PGDG.rpm from
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite/binary/v7.1.3/RPMS/redhat-7.1/

Error is:

[../updates/postgresql/7.1.3/rh-7.1]# rpm -Fvh  postgresql-*.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        mx is needed by postgresql-python-7.1.3-1PGDG

Running system is:

Fairly complete install redhat linux 7.1 running on an intel processor,
fully patched.  Existing postgresql install consists of postgresql v.
7.1.2-4PGDG; the following packages: perl, contrib, tk, jdbc, devel,
server, libs, odbc, tcl, test, docs, and python.

I've no clue as to what 'mx' is, the only programs I see which contain the
string 'mx' are mxtar, vimx, wmxmms and qmxxx...  Whatever those are...

Let me know if I can be of any help or shed any further light.

Regards,

Pete.

--
---
Peter Hartzler

Re: RPM dependency on 'mx'?

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Wednesday 22 August 2001 10:08, Peter Hartzler wrote:
>         mx is needed by postgresql-python-7.1.3-1PGDG

> Running system is:
>
> Fairly complete install redhat linux 7.1 running on an intel processor,
> fully patched.  Existing postgresql install consists of postgresql v.
> 7.1.2-4PGDG; the following packages: perl, contrib, tk, jdbc, devel,
> server, libs, odbc, tcl, test, docs, and python.

Please see
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/mx-2.0.1-1.i386.html
You will need to rebuild from source RPM at this time, or get the RH 7.1 mx
RPM from the v7.1.2 binary tree, as I believe  it is still there.

The dependency upon mx for the pgdb module has existed for some time; I just
recently was made aware of it so that it would be listed as a dependency for
postgresql-python.

The wild thing is that you can BUILD the pgdb module without mx
installed.....but you can't then use it.

Try an 'import pgdb' without the mx package installed and see what happens....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: RPM dependency on 'mx'?

От
Peter Hartzler
Дата:
Lamar --

Thanks, the mx package was where you suggested, and it's installation
seems to have cleared the way for the rpm upgrade.  I checked, and the mx
package is included on the second CD of RedHat's Roswell v.1 (beta of next
redhat release).  Don't have the second version of Rosewll yet...

Thank you for the great works and the excellent assistance!

Regards,

Pete.