Обсуждение: Compiling problems with Solaris 8 and PG 7.1

Compiling problems with Solaris 8 and PG 7.1

От
"Scott D. Pham"
Дата:
Guys,
I'm still having problems compiling postgres under solaris 8 (Sparc HW).
The problem is I'm not making it through the config process, here is a
snipplet of the config.log files. Can anyone make any sense of this ?
=========================================================================================================

-- configure:6849: gcc -o conftest      conftest.c -lz -lresolv -lgen
-lnsl -lsocket -ldl -lm -lreadline -ltermcap  1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 6845 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
int main() { return 0; }

--
Scott D. Pham
919-484-7222 x223

Re: Compiling problems with Solaris 8 and PG 7.1

Дата:
"Scott D. Pham" <spham@incellico.com> writes:
> I'm still having problems compiling postgres under solaris 8 (Sparc HW).

Is this the one where you get the complaint

*** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
*** related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason.

If so, the problem is likely that gcc and the linker are searching
shared-library directories that are not in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Compiling problems with Solaris 8 and PG 7.1

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Guys,
> I'm still having problems compiling postgres under solaris 8 (Sparc HW).
> The problem is I'm not making it through the config process, here is a
> snipplet of the config.log files. Can anyone make any sense of this ?
> =========================================================================================================
>

> -- configure:6849: gcc -o conftest      conftest.c -lz -lresolv -lgen
> -lnsl -lsocket -ldl -lm -lreadline -ltermcap  1>&5
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 6845 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> int main() { return 0; }

Please make sure that:

(1) /usr/local/lib is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(2) you are not using GNU ld
--
Tatsuo Ishii