Обсуждение: Bug in repmgr3 package

Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi,

When installing repmgr3 package on a CentOS 6 64 bits, I always end up with an error at postinstall saying that /var/run/repmgr doesn't exist.

Here is a patch that will hopefully fix that. (The patch deals with all distro for 9.4 release. I didn't check other releases.)

Regards.

Вложения

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hey,

When installing repmgr3 package on a CentOS 6 64 bits, I always end up with an error at postinstall saying that /var/run/repmgr doesn't exist.

Here is a patch that will hopefully fix that. (The patch deals with all distro for 9.4 release. I didn't check other releases.)

I worked a bit more with repmgr. I found that the initscript doesn't respect the $user variable all the time. Hence this new patch (which includes the changes from the first patch).

I'm also wondering why we do have this new OS user (repmgr). It seems to be more a burden than anything else. Actually, they have a much better initscript in upstream that makes use the postgres OS user. The RPM package should embrace that change.

Regards.
Вложения

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the patch!

I committed your patch:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=0cdf38c03aebb
45a40aa5895cf0753237320f164

 I also changed the username from repmgr to postgres. I pushed this
change only to 9.5 for now. Will push and test packages today, and then
I'll update the remaining branches.

Regards, Devrim

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Guillaume Lelarge

Le 9 nov. 2015 10:19 AM, "Devrim GÜNDÜZ" <devrim@gunduz.org> a écrit :

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Thanks for the patch!
>
> I committed your patch:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=0cdf38c03aebb
> 45a40aa5895cf0753237320f164
>
>  I also changed the username from repmgr to postgres. I pushed this
> change only to 9.5 for now. Will push and test packages today, and then
> I'll update the remaining branches.

Great, thanks Devrim.

> Regards, Devrim
>
> On Tue, 2015-11-03 at 15:42 +0100, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > Hey,

> > :
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When installing repmgr3 package on a CentOS 6 64 bits, I always end
> > > up
> > > with an error at postinstall saying that /var/run/repmgr doesn't
> > > exist.
> > >
> > > Here is a patch that will hopefully fix that. (The patch deals with
> > > all
> > > distro for 9.4 release. I didn't check other releases.)
> > >

> > I worked a bit more with repmgr. I found that the initscript doesn't
> > respect the $user variable all the time. Hence this new patch (which
> > includes the changes from the first patch).
> >
> > I'm also wondering why we do have this new OS user (repmgr). It seems
> > to be
> > more a burden than anything else. Actually, they have a much better
> > initscript in upstream that makes use the postgres OS user. The RPM
> > package
> > should embrace that change.
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Jeff Frost

> On Nov 9, 2015, at 01:19, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>
>  I also changed the username from repmgr to postgres. I pushed this
> change only to 9.5 for now. Will push and test packages today, and then
> I'll update the remaining branches.

Note that I haven't backed out the version bump on the 9.2 and older versions yet.

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Can you do it until tomorrow evening?

I also changed the username from repmgr to postgres. I pushed this
change only to 9.5 for now. Will push and test packages today, and then
I'll update the remaining branches.

Note that I haven't backed out the version bump on the 9.2 and older versions yet.

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Do you mean wait to do it until or …?

I also changed the username from repmgr to postgres. I pushed this
change only to 9.5 for now. Will push and test packages today, and then
I'll update the remaining branches.

Note that I haven't backed out the version bump on the 9.2 and older versions yet.

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Can you revert it today or tomorrow? :)

I also changed the username from repmgr to postgres. I pushed this
change only to 9.5 for now. Will push and test packages today, and then
I'll update the remaining branches.

Note that I haven't backed out the version bump on the 9.2 and older versions yet.

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
> On Nov 9, 2015, at 2:41 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>
> Can you revert it today or tomorrow? :)

Can’t revert it because it’s all one big commit (at least not with my current level of git-fu), but I should be able to
changethem back today or tomorrow.

Re: Bug in repmgr3 package

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
> On Nov 9, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 9, 2015, at 2:41 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>>
>> Can you revert it today or tomorrow? :)
>
> Can’t revert it because it’s all one big commit (at least not with my current level of git-fu), but I should be able
tochange them back today or tomorrow.

Ok, I think  got the 9.[012] versions properly reverted to repmgr 2.0.2.

It appears to build properly, but I don’t have an environment to test it on.