Обсуждение: pgbouncer systemd does not work on CentOS 7

pgbouncer systemd does not work on CentOS 7

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
After installing pgbouncer-1.5.5-1.rhel7.x86_64.rpm on CentOS 7.0, it
does not remain running.  No errors are logged.

I think the systemd configuration is faulty.  It currently reads

[Service]
Type=forked

ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -d -v ${BOUNCERCONF}

If I change that to

[Service]
Type=simple

ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -v ${BOUNCERCONF}

it works

Alternatively, the first version can be made to work by adding
RemainAfterExit=yes.

But clearly, the second version is more in line with the systemd philosophy.

Re: pgbouncer systemd does not work on CentOS 7

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Peter,

On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 15:52 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> After installing pgbouncer-1.5.5-1.rhel7.x86_64.rpm on CentOS 7.0, it
> does not remain running.  No errors are logged.
>
> I think the systemd configuration is faulty.  It currently reads
>
> [Service]
> Type=forked

> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -d -v ${BOUNCERCONF}
>
> If I change that to
>
> [Service]
> Type=simple

> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -v ${BOUNCERCONF}
>
> it works
>
> Alternatively, the first version can be made to work by adding
> RemainAfterExit=yes.
>
> But clearly, the second version is more in line with the systemd philosophy.

Thanks for the report. I picked up second way, and committed to git.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: pgbouncer systemd does not work on CentOS 7

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 5/12/15 5:26 PM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 15:52 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> After installing pgbouncer-1.5.5-1.rhel7.x86_64.rpm on CentOS 7.0, it
>> does not remain running.  No errors are logged.
>>
>> I think the systemd configuration is faulty.  It currently reads
>>
>> [Service]
>> Type=forked

>> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -d -v ${BOUNCERCONF}
>>
>> If I change that to
>>
>> [Service]
>> Type=simple

>> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -v ${BOUNCERCONF}
>>
>> it works
>>
>> Alternatively, the first version can be made to work by adding
>> RemainAfterExit=yes.
>>
>> But clearly, the second version is more in line with the systemd philosophy.
>
> Thanks for the report. I picked up second way, and committed to git.

Why?  Wouldn't the non-forking approach be more in line with what
systemd expects?

Re: pgbouncer systemd does not work on CentOS 7

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
> On 5/12/15 5:26 PM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

>>> I think the systemd configuration is faulty.  It currently reads
>>>
>>> [Service]
>>> Type=forked

>>> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -d -v ${BOUNCERCONF}
>>>
>>> If I change that to
>>>
>>> [Service]
>>> Type=simple

>>> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pgbouncer -v ${BOUNCERCONF}
>>>
>>> it works
>>>
>>> Alternatively, the first version can be made to work by adding
>>> RemainAfterExit=yes.
>>>
>>> But clearly, the second version is more in line with the systemd philosophy.
>>
>> Thanks for the report. I picked up second way, and committed to git.
>
> Why?  Wouldn't the non-forking approach be more in line with what
> systemd expects?

ping

Re: pgbouncer systemd does not work on CentOS 7

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi Peter,

On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 14:52 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> Thanks for the report. I picked up second way, and committed to
> git.
> >
> > Why?  Wouldn't the non-forking approach be more in line with what
> > systemd expects?
>
> ping

Did you test 1.6.1? That version seems to be working on my RHEL 7 box.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ