Обсуждение: GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support

GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support

От
daryl herzmann
Дата:
Howdy,

I'm on RHEL6 64bit PGSQL 9.3 and the provided gdal does not appear to
support PostgreSQL.

$ rpm -q gdal
gdal-1.9.2-5.rhel6.x86_64
$ ogrinfo --formats | grep Postgres
$
$ rpm -q gdal-python
gdal-python-1.9.2-5.rhel6.x86_64

A simple python test like so fails as well:

>>> from osgeo import ogr
>>> print ogr.Open("PG:host=myhostname dbname=postgis user=nobody")
None

thanks,
   daryl

--
/**
  * Daryl Herzmann

Re: GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Daryl,

On Tue, 2014-08-19 at 15:51 -0500, daryl herzmann wrote:

> I'm on RHEL6 64bit PGSQL 9.3 and the provided gdal does not appear to
> support PostgreSQL.

I pushed updated packages 36 hours before. Can you please verify that
they fix your problem?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support

От
daryl herzmann
Дата:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

>> I'm on RHEL6 64bit PGSQL 9.3 and the provided gdal does not appear to
>> support PostgreSQL.
>
> I pushed updated packages 36 hours before. Can you please verify that
> they fix your problem?

Thank you so much for the response and fixing this.

Name        : gdal                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.9.2                             Vendor: (none)
Release     : 6.rhel6                       Build Date: Tue 19 Aug 2014
04:20:53 AM CDT

appears to work just fine!

PS.  I appologize for piggy backing an issue, but I tried installing
postgresql9.3 on RHEL7 and can't seem to figure out the proper way to
specify PGOPTS="-i" to the systemd files.  I ended up manually hacking

/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postgresql-9.3.service

ExecStart=/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA} -s -w -t 300 -o
"-i"

I am probably missing something obvious, but figured I would report this
in case it is a bug.

daryl

--
/**
  * Daryl Herzmann
  * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
  * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
  */

Adding PGOPTS to unit file (was:Re: GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support)

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Daryl,

n Wed, 2014-08-27 at 08:00 -0500, daryl herzmann wrote:

> Thank you so much for the response and fixing this.
>
> Name        : gdal                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 1.9.2                             Vendor: (none)
> Release     : 6.rhel6                       Build Date: Tue 19 Aug 2014
> 04:20:53 AM CDT
>
> appears to work just fine!

Thanks!

> PS.  I appologize for piggy backing an issue, but I tried installing
> postgresql9.3 on RHEL7 and can't seem to figure out the proper way to
> specify PGOPTS="-i" to the systemd files.  I ended up manually hacking
>
> /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postgresql-9.3.service
>
> ExecStart=/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA} -s -w -t 300 -o
> "-i"
>
> I am probably missing something obvious, but figured I would report this
> in case it is a bug.

Should we add PGOPTS to Environment: section in unit files? Jeff, Craig?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Adding PGOPTS to unit file (was:Re: GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support)

От
daryl herzmann
Дата:
Thank you Devrim,

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

>> /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postgresql-9.3.service
>>
>> ExecStart=/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA} -s -w -t 300 -o
>> "-i"
>>
>> I am probably missing something obvious, but figured I would report this
>> in case it is a bug.
>
> Should we add PGOPTS to Environment: section in unit files? Jeff, Craig?

For whatever it is worth, I asked on the RHEL customer forums as I see the
RHEL supplied postgresql has the same issue(?).

https://access.redhat.com/discussions/1181803

daryl

--
/**
  * Daryl Herzmann
  * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
  * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
  */

Re: Adding PGOPTS to unit file (was:Re: GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support)

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
On Aug 29, 2014, at 6:11 AM, daryl herzmann <akrherz@iastate.edu> wrote:

> Thank you Devrim,
>
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
>
>>> /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postgresql-9.3.service
>>>
>>> ExecStart=/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA} -s -w -t 300 -o
>>> "-i"
>>>
>>> I am probably missing something obvious, but figured I would report this
>>> in case it is a bug.
>>
>> Should we add PGOPTS to Environment: section in unit files? Jeff, Craig?
>
> For whatever it is worth, I asked on the RHEL customer forums as I see the RHEL supplied postgresql has the same
issue(?).

> https://access.redhat.com/discussions/1181803

Why not just set listen_addresses in the postgresql.conf file?

Re: Adding PGOPTS to unit file (was:Re: GDAL OGR does not have PostgreSQL support)

От
daryl herzmann
Дата:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014, Jeff Frost wrote:

>>> Should we add PGOPTS to Environment: section in unit files? Jeff, Craig?
>>
>> For whatever it is worth, I asked on the RHEL customer forums as I see the RHEL supplied postgresql has the same
issue(?).

>> https://access.redhat.com/discussions/1181803
>
> Why not just set listen_addresses in the postgresql.conf file?

Sorry, I do see now that it is the recommended method.  Thank you for the
response.

daryl

--
/**