Обсуждение: previous pgdg postgresql 9.2.10 ubuntu 1204 amd64 packages needed

previous pgdg postgresql 9.2.10 ubuntu 1204 amd64 packages needed

От
Imre Oolberg
Дата:
Hi!

I am thankful https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt user, being now at
9.2.13 (on Ubuntu 12.04 amd64) i would like to test something how it
runs on previous 9.2.10 version. Browsing
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/9.2/p/postgresql-9.2/ i
dont see this older version and in itself this is normal Debian-like
repository behavior i think. Is it still possible to have access to
versions than have been previously on PGDG apt repository? It is not
important to have access like snapshot.debian.org, just .deb files is
quite enough and i can generate local file system based repository i
believe.

I imaging as an alternative would be to say 'git clone' and work with
proper branches and build routine. If older version is not available i
would be happy if somebody could give me a brief instructions how to
build 9.2.10 (postgresql-9.2 and
postgresql-9.2-plproxy actually) .deb packages (i am generally familiar
with deb-src building).

Best regards,

Imre

Re: previous pgdg postgresql 9.2.10 ubuntu 1204 amd64 packages needed

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Imre Oolberg 2015-09-20 <cf519077c98ec74fbb432f513a486965@www.pak-lm.ee>
> I am thankful https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt user, being now at 9.2.13
> (on Ubuntu 12.04 amd64) i would like to test something how it runs on
> previous 9.2.10 version. Browsing
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/9.2/p/postgresql-9.2/ i dont
> see this older version and in itself this is normal Debian-like repository
> behavior i think. Is it still possible to have access to versions than have
> been previously on PGDG apt repository? It is not important to have access
> like snapshot.debian.org, just .deb files is quite enough and i can generate
> local file system based repository i believe.
>
> I imaging as an alternative would be to say 'git clone' and work with proper
> branches and build routine. If older version is not available i would be
> happy if somebody could give me a brief instructions how to build 9.2.10
> (postgresql-9.2 and
> postgresql-9.2-plproxy actually) .deb packages (i am generally familiar with
> deb-src building).

The old packages are still around, but currently not publicly
available. If it helps you, I can put them somewhere on the web. (Will
poke you on IRC.)

postgresql-9.2-plproxy should still be the same as it was when 9.2.10
was around: 2.5-5.pgdg*. (2.6 has been released, but hasn't made it to
the pgapt archive yet.)

For building, everything is in git (apt-cache showsrc for the url),
you'll just need to checkout the correct tag, and fetch the correct
orig tarball ("origtargz" will help).

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/

Re: To Imre Oolberg 2015-09-20 <20150920135431.GA31429@msg.df7cb.de>
> The old packages are still around, but currently not publicly
> available. If it helps you, I can put them somewhere on the web. (Will
> poke you on IRC.)

(I had misread the timestamps on IRC and thought you were still around
there.)

The files are there:
http://atalia.postgresql.org/tmp/postgresql-9.2_9.2.10-1.pgdg12.4%2b1_amd64/

Please let me know when I can remove them again.

> postgresql-9.2-plproxy should still be the same as it was when 9.2.10
> was around: 2.5-5.pgdg*. (2.6 has been released, but hasn't made it to
> the pgapt archive yet.)

Confirmed, the postgresql-plproxy_2.5-5 files are all from 2014.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/

Вложения

Re: previous pgdg postgresql 9.2.10 ubuntu 1204 amd64 packages needed

От
Imre Oolberg
Дата:
Hi!

On 2015-09-20 17:15, Christoph Berg wrote:

> The files are there:
>
> http://atalia.postgresql.org/tmp/postgresql-9.2_9.2.10-1.pgdg12.4%2b1_amd64/
>
> Please let me know when I can remove them again.
>
>> postgresql-9.2-plproxy should still be the same as it was when
>> 9.2.10
>> was around: 2.5-5.pgdg*. (2.6 has been released, but hasn't made it
>> the pgapt archive yet.)
>
> Confirmed, the postgresql-plproxy_2.5-5 files are all from 2014.
>
> Christoph

Thank you very much for quick response. Got the packages and now i can
run 9.2.10 again! (And also, as far as i am concerned, you could remove
them from http://atalia.postgresql.org/tmp).

And again, thank you very mych!

Best regards,

Imre