Обсуждение: pg_fetch_array

pg_fetch_array

От
"Thanks"
Дата:
Hello....

I would like to know the performance of pg_fetch_array.  Cosider the code:

$query = "select * from foo";
$result = pg_query( $db, $query );

while ($row = pg_fetch_array($result))
{
   $a = $row["a"];
   $b = $row["b"];
   $c = $row["c"];
   $d = $row["d"];
}

Does php need to read database everytime when pg_fetch_array is executed in
the while loop or all the rows have been in the memory after pg_query?

If read database is needed, is there any method to copy all the things into
memory by using other command? (because I have a application which needs
large amount database update/retrieval and I wish the performance of the
overall applications run faster.)

or other method you would like to recommend in order to make the faster
response time?

Thank you in advance.

Unsubscribe

От
Akshay Rajagopal
Дата:
I want to unsubscribe to this mailing list...how do i
do it...can you please take me off this mailing list..
Thanks...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: pg_fetch_array

От
George Essig
Дата:
Thanks@verymuch.com wrote:

> Does php need to read database everytime when pg_fetch_array is executed in
> the while loop or all the rows have been in the memory after pg_query?

The latter - pg_query puts all of the rows in memory.  I found this out myself recently.  Select a
lot of rows using pg_query without pg_fetch_array. As you're doing this, watch he memory usage
with 'free -s 1'.

George Essig